Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

On 18/11/2022 at 09:05, MaVilla said:

However funny this is on face value (as we all hated Gerrard), i really hope it isnt true, to have a head scout overseeing a transfer that the manager isnt even aware of until they turn up for their medical, sounds like some back alley league 2 levels of club incompetency.

Have you heard of Chelsea?

23 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like bringing him on when we were chasing the game and needed a goal?

🤣

He's not a Gerrard player, contributes far too often.

He prefers someone who doesn't really contribute but can bang in a 30 yarder every 10 games.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's not a Gerrard player, contributes far too often.

He prefers someone who doesn't really contribute but can bang in a 30 yarder every 10 games.

I am not even sure which of our players did that 😂

• Like 1

He is is the type of midfielder that solidifies our  team…He’s technically sound & quietly effective in and out possession, which gives a platform for others to progress. a very shrewd signing IMO… If true, I’m glad Gerrard’s fingerprints are nowhere near this signing and he isn’t therefore tainted. 

I think he should be first choice of our two holding midfielders, we need his defensive attributes, the way he spots danger and falls back between the centre backs at times, his defensive positioning and the way he stands his ground is all so valuable. Add to that his strentgh and how good he is in the air. Sure he is not the slickest of passers, but it's functional and safe and more than good enough for a defensive midfielder. He is perfect to pair with Luiz, who then can concentrate mote on our build up play and forward passing. Kamara is a bit of a mix between the two, so perfect to rotate the three of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think he should be first choice of our two holding midfielders, we need his defensive attributes, the way he spots danger and falls back between the centre backs at times, his defensive positioning and the way he stands his ground is all so valuable. Add to that his strentgh and how good he is in the air. Sure he is not the slickest of passers, but it's functional and safe and more than good enough for a defensive midfielder. He is perfect to pair with Luiz, who then can concentrate mote on our build up play and forward passing. Kamara is a bit of a mix between the two, so perfect to rotate the three of them. 

I think it will always be Kamara and Luiz out of the 3.....maybe against the Sky 6 they will play all 3 or Dendoncker comes in

With 5 subs he is an asset still from the bench unless Unai has a brainfart and acts like the clearing in the woods from before and plays him on the wing 😉😂

19 minutes ago, lainux said:

Saw that too! Interesting position for him to start 

If you look back, he has played that role more times than any other for Belgium (at least in the 12 months I looked back).

• Like 1

Â