Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, regular_john said:

He was one of our best players yesterday. I thought there was a noticeable drop in our performance when he went off.

I think a large part of that was also due to, and I'm sorry to say it, Coutinho coming on. He could not do anything right for the time he was on the pitch, it felt like we had 10 men.

On Dendoncker anyway, he was brilliant yesterday and the perfect foil for Luiz. I wonder what we could've achieved with a DM like him alongside Luiz in the 20/21 season when we really were flying at times. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think a midfield three or Donk, Luiz and Kamara could be really solid in games where we need it. 

or Donk and Kamara, with Luiz further forward, where he wants to be.

Dendoncker, has given a platform for other players to play from....his presence is paramount......consistency is the  next challenge.

• Like 3

Impressed by his play, but also his defensive positioning. Multiple times when either player of the back 4 ventured out to press - he would immediately drop into their space to cover. JJ/McGinn/even Luiz when in that last midfielder role didn't have the positioning to fall into the back line for cover so that the back 4 were comfortable in their knowledge coming out to press when they needed to without distorting the shape too much.

It's the little things like that we have sorely been missing.

• Like 2

In fairness, a lot of opinions on players two games ago or prior will need to be revisited, Gerrard made them all look wretched. I saw so many posts on here and Twitter suggesting a clear out was necessary. Hopefully we will suddenly realise just what quality we actually do have if Emery gets them working as a team.

A note on Dendonker - Lange is no mug, he will have run the numbers on him and just because he is out of favour at Wolves and was relatively cheap, doesn’t mean anything. Hopefully the homework will pay dividends he might be another bargain.

My surprise is just how far and how fast Nakamba’s star has fallen.

Edited by thunderball

On 27/10/2022 at 21:21, AntrimBlack said:

Dendoncker and Bednarak - I could not understand why we bought them.

I was very wrong about this guy, hopefully wrong about the other guy too.

No you are not wrong....watch him carefully against Toon.....breezing around, ball watching, and letting the game go past him.

stark contrast to the Brentford Game.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

No you are not....watch him carefully against Toon.....breezing around, ball watching, and letting the game go past him.

stark contrast to the Brentford Game.

This is what happens when you are managed by a assistant. I think he will be okay under Emery. Remember, they will be all playing for their futures now.

On 27/10/2022 at 21:55, thunderball said:

In fairness, a lot of opinions on players two games ago or prior will need to be revisited, Gerrard made them all look wretched. I saw so many posts on here and Twitter suggesting a clear out was necessary. Hopefully we will suddenly realise just what quality we actually do have if Emery gets them working as a team.

A note on Dendonker - Lange is no mug, he will have run the numbers on him and just because he is out of favour at Wolves and was relatively cheap, doesn’t mean anything. Hopefully the homework will pay dividends he might be another bargain.

My surprise is just how far and how fast Nakamba’s star has fallen.

Watch back the highlights and focus on Dendoncker and tell me what you see?

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is what happens when you are managed by a assistant. I think he will be okay under Emery. Remember, they will be all playing for their futures now.

this is also what happens, when we have inconsistent players.

from game to game, we can end up changing our minds, on them.

yes, we will see what UE gets out of him.

• Like 1

There was a point Dendoncker essentially played as one of the 10’s before coming off, at first I thought to myself how’s this going to work? Then I realised he was tasked with just sticking to Eriksen and it worked.

I didn’t think I would but I’ve really warmed to Dendoncker, he’s a handy player to have in our squad. Another solid game from him.

• Like 2

He's just there.

Was man marking Casemiro from their restarts.

He ain't flashy. He ain't on the ball a lot.

He's just there.

Highlight was Ramsay playing a ball down the right wing into space for him when he was showing to feet. He wasn't catching that.

Â