Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What kind of contraption is that? What's wrong with a regular treadmill?

Takes a percentage of weight off the player, so they can start running with less load on their joints and injuries…. I think. 
Get the parts moving but without full weight on them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

He is every inch the perfect centaur back.....

......is what i was gonna say before you swooped in there and nicked me pun

You mean he hooved it up you did neigh stand a chance.

2 hours ago, spiezels said:

Takes a percentage of weight off the player, so they can start running with less load on their joints and injuries…. I think. 

I don’t think it’s supporting his body weight. I think it’s pressurising the air around his leg muscles. 

Compression therapy is supposed to help reduce inflammation. Most people just wear a compression sock though 😁

Edited by LondonLax

It’s an anti gravity device -

Toronto Physiotherapy is the first clinic in Toronto to offer the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill. Originally developed by NASA, the AlterG uses differential air-pressure to enable users to run or walk at reduced body weight, while maintaining a normal gait pattern. The AlterG is currently available at our Danforth clinic.

https://torontophysiotherapy.ca/services/alterg-anti-gravity-treadmill/

Edited by Sulberto21
Anti gravity not zero gravity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Any chance he makes bench tonight or is he still a long way away? 

Miles off given the last few pages of comments on recovery time on here. 

He isn't near training with the first team, or even with a ball from any of the released media covering him recently. 

I'd say a February return at the earliest is the best we can hope for, but would be delighted to be proven wrong. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

You might well laugh, but from what Ronaldo was saying they would be pretty jealous of that over at Man United.

No man I wasn’t laughing. Was just picking out the obvious attraction to star players. Our treadmill game is going to be what separates us from the likes of United. 

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

The facilities at bodymoor really are fantastic. Up there with the best sports teams in the world. This is a massive attraction for players.

A lot of Prem teams are. Look at Leicester City's! Cost £100m

12 hours ago, spiezels said:

The theory behind it is that when you run/sprint you can put up to 10/12 times your body weight in force into the ground, so Carlos who is probably 85kg could put up to 1000kg of force into the ground.  With the type of injury, the machine reduces the force (weight on legs as above) to take the pressure of the legs. They then slowly over a few weeks build the force back up to 100% to get the adaptation on the athlete.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Leon Bailey stated clearly the facilities were a major factor in his decision to join Villa. The money in the prem means a few teams have similar facilities, but the coninent is different only the very top teams boast similar. And yes our facilities put us ahead of Man U in that regard.

We recently built a new performance centre, then upgraded if further to emulate the facilities they have in American football. Our facilities are right up there. The owners are building a world class foundation of which the expansion to Villa Park is the culmination of.

• Like 3

Â