Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

What a load of rubbish. The best teams are hard to beat, that's why they are the best teams. We've done well in games against them for the most part, only losing a by a goal in a few of them.

The only thing pathetic about tonight is that comment.

Pathetic may be a bit strong but do you not agree that it's really frustrating when we keep playing well against them but taking nothing? Try not to get overly defensive in your reply this time.

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The answer is in your question. They are the top sides. We are midtable. The word pathetic is not relevant. 

Also it has now been a while since we got totally dominated by a top side.  We've given several of them a really good game and bar some dodgy decisions from the ref / VAR and some costly errors (I'd say we had by far the better chances in the second half but Ings and Watkins both missed out just to awful first touches and conceded the second from our own throw in).  It wasn't long ago that we set out for a 0-0 draw and got battered 2 or 3 nil.  We are a couple of good signings away (well three good signings in my view but I appreciate that not everyone will agree that we need a striker).

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

We have taken 4 points from the top 8 this season 

Last season we took 19 points from the top 8 teams

I know. The top 8 have played far better against us than last season apart from Manure.  And i am not saying that it isnt extremely frustrating. But it definitely isnt pathetic. 

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Chukwuemeka is a fantastic footballer but it was the wrong decision, Luiz was easily the best performer on the pitch and should have been kept in his position.

Iroebugnam was the right move for Nakamba.

Annoying.

Bizarre sub

Thank god that ref is retiring, the fat useless pr*ck.

thought it was a good performance from us, if only our strikers didn't suddenly develop a heavier touch than Prince Andrew and if only we could go more than 3 games without a player falling over and conceding a goal as a result.

Have we ever made a mistake and not been directly punished from it this season?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Chuk giving that ball away lead to the goal, and it pushed Luiz back into DM, where he's clearly not particularly good.

Chuk for McGinn: Good

Tim for Nakamba: Good

Chuk for Nakamaba....eh? 

Nakamba gave the ball away 2-3 times but luckily we wasnt punished coild have been same story 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nakamba couldn't keep going, had to come off. The problem is we have gaps in our squad and they'll be fixed in summer

100% agree. but chambers or even tim are better CDMs than dougie

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Hahaha . Anyone who thinks that performance was pathetic i just cannot understand. Theres levels we can currently perform at and we were getting near our max tonight.  Well played all. Terrific effort. And a decent set up from Gerrard

According to this forum the champions league final should be between Villa and a team better than Liverpool (none come to mind)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

thought we played well. made them work for it

ref was a prick

Interesting....in what way.

I watched a team back off and give the ball away at every convenience....lack of ideas until.the 85th minute and then decided to play a bit better

Each player had moments of good but overall Liverpool.never got out of 2nd gear.

Agree the ref was a prick...shocking 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Â