Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I think is easy to turn to coaching, for every solution.

Pep is supposed to be one of the best coaches in World football......but is Jack any better at City, than he was with us?

Its clear to me, even watching Nakamba getting about opponents, the others don't do it with the same drive and Nous.......They are simply designed for attacking.

Nakamba's inability to pass with aplomb, sometimes negates his ability to win the ball or disrupt.....which is a skill on its own.

Coaching can only achieve so much......you can't polish a turd, as they say.

It’s not coaching in the sense of making them pass better or have urgency that I was talking about Tro. The point in transitions is about direction of roles and positioning in the moments when you win the ball or lose it. When we lose the ball we do not regroup or reposition ourselves correctly or quickly. So we stay open and invariably it leads to chances. Equally, we no longer have a set or clear plan for when we pick up the ball in transitions. Remember how we used to consistently get the ball to jack very very quickly after a turnover. It’s deliberately instructed. 

in both scenarios we don’t appear to be well coached at the moment. 

maybe it’s not coaching I’m talking about….maybe it’s leadership and instruction? Maybe it’s the player not listening? 

but…..which ever we need to sort it, because our midfield are going to keep giving it up cheaply and our forwards are going to keep getting it back quick too! 

5 hours ago, tommytenjobs said:

It’s not coaching in the sense of making them pass better or have urgency that I was talking about Tro. The point in transitions is about direction of roles and positioning in the moments when you win the ball or lose it. When we lose the ball we do not regroup or reposition ourselves correctly or quickly. So we stay open and invariably it leads to chances. Equally, we no longer have a set or clear plan for when we pick up the ball in transitions. Remember how we used to consistently get the ball to jack very very quickly after a turnover. It’s deliberately instructed. 

in both scenarios we don’t appear to be well coached at the moment. 

maybe it’s not coaching I’m talking about….maybe it’s leadership and instruction? Maybe it’s the player not listening? 

but…..which ever we need to sort it, because our midfield are going to keep giving it up cheaply and our forwards are going to keep getting it back quick too! 

I get your point and agree

I noticed tonight how Spurs when they lost the ball, immediatley formed 2 lines in front of their goal, Conte is quite defensive minded.

I wonder if we lost a bit of that when John Terry left.

I said after the Liverpool game,  "We now need to take the same level of performance and work rate into our final two home games of the season. Do that, rather than give "after the Lord Mayor's Show" type performances and we can still finish in the top half for the first time since 2010/11."  We couldn't do it could we. :(

Â