Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's frustrating but that's what happens against top sides. Ings could have had a hat-trick. Should have. Mane takes his chance beautifully because he's a world class player.

We didnt, that's why we lost. We have only ourselves to blame.

I shouldn't have said pathetic tbf, final whistle frustration getting to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

That way is signing a PROPER defensive midfielder in the summer.

Exactly.  Central midfield has been our issue for too long.  I'm hoping that this finally gets resolved this summer.  We've played pretty well when Nakamba has been in the side - so imagine how good we could be with someone twice as good (and who can actually pass the ball) playing in that position.  Plus a central defender who inspires confidence.  And a striker who doesn't have the touch of a sledgehammer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Another inevitable 0 points against a top side. Gets to a stage where it's just pathetic.

Not all on Gerrard, just didn't know where else to post.

I’ve been critical of Gerrard but tonight you can’t be because it was a performance on the whole to be proud of against one of the top European teams.  Nobody would’ve argued if we had come away with at least a draw…their quality and the ref just nicked them the win.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Fantastic performance all round, I wasn't sure about the chuk for nakamba sub but regardless we pushed them until the death. Not Ings night tonight and he probably had enough chances to win it for us.. hey ho that's how it goes sometimes.

John Moss is an absolute disgrace and his performance at the very least needs to be looked into.. scandalous decisions at times... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Think one is enough. Mings has been good, Konsa less so.

Mings has so many lapses though.

Even tonight loads of his "clearances" never found touch, he tripped over his own feet multiple times, hospital passes to his teammates, was often 10 yards deeper than the rest of the team, etc.

Hes supposed to be the leader marshalling that defence but half the time it's in disarray.

• Like 1

Klopp moaning about our goal being offside. 

What a clearing in the woods. Sod him, he knows citeh have the title sewn up 

I'm genuinely perplexed about all the slipping.

We really need to look into that.

It's broken down play for us  caused turnovers, as well as allowed teams to break against us on multiple occasions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's limited by who has on bench. We've no proper CDM and Nakamba came off and we conceded. Also we've only 2 CFs and so Watkins comes off we have no CF to bring on.

We will be a much more complete team with a summer pre season and some signings

We had Chambers who played there at the weekend. We also have Sanson who's more defensively minded than Chuk. As much as I love what he's doing for him and the valuable experience he's getting, I think it was the wrong call. 

Edit: Completely forgot about Iroegbunam as well. 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely perplexed about all the slipping.

We really need to look into that.

It's broken down play for us  caused turnovers, as well as allowed teams to break against us on multiple occasions.

I did wonder why the pitch was so heavily watered which I presume was under Gerrard's orders 

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Mings has so many lapses though.

Even tonight loads of his "clearances" never found touch, he tripped over his own feet multiple times, hospital passes to his teammates, was often 10 yards deeper than the rest of the team, etc.

Hes supposed to be the leader marshalling that defence but half the time it's in disarray.

I would like to see Mings playing in a back 4 where he ISN'T the leader.  He'd be a much better defender playing along someone telling him what to do and keeping him on his toes.

• Like 2

Â