Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spirited performance. Deserved a point. Couple of dodgy personnel calls from the gaffer before and during the game but it's hard to stop a team as good and well oiled as this.

He's limited by who has on bench. We've no proper CDM and Nakamba came off and we conceded. Also we've only 2 CFs and so Watkins comes off we have no CF to bring on.

We will be a much more complete team with a summer pre season and some signings

• Like 1

Only managed to catch the second half. Its what we all expected really and was not a thrashing

too many chances missed, if only we were more clinical and something needs to be done about all this slipping over 

All about the utterly crap reffing, my days I have seen some biase reffing in my time but Jesus christ if I was Gerrard in the interview I would be calling him out massively. Not as massive as the fat cheating piece of dog dirt obvs but luiz fouled by fabino what 7 times in first 20 mins ? Including raking his shin, chopping him from behind ? Their 1st goal, from a free kick that wasn't a free kick, that was in the refs if villa win the ball I'm giving a free kick to the crowd crushers period, which lasted about 93 of the 95 minutes. Then 2 fouls once the free kick is taken including a studs raised flying kick just missing one player and completely taking out another leaving a bin dipper free.

Probably what, 15 to 20 clear fouls not given our way ? 5 or 6 clear tackles punished by the ref giving the self pity city the ball ? 

How to ruin a game by a fat cheating paid off ref.

Well done.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unlucky really, definitely a more encouraging performance in defeat than we've had even in some games we haven't lost. Can't complain too much given the ridiculous quality Liverpool have, they make some things look terribly easy that are anything but, from Mane's finish to general play.

• Like 1

good effort, the poor team selections of not starting Emi and Chambers over Coutinho/Ings and Konsa probably caused us the game but fair is fair we gave Liverpool a game which is all you can ask

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Think one is enough. Mings has been good, Konsa less so.

One for competition, a new one and Chambers, Mings and Konsa is a good quartet. I like Konsa a lot despite him being a bit of a scapegoat of late. He's made some mistakes but I think him and Mings would benefit from some proper protection. 

We were good tonight, Coutinho showed some touches but Buendia when he got in to the game was running things for us. Chuk looked a player, would like him to start. A 4-2-3-1 with a 3 of Buendia, Countinho and Chuk would be **** class. Troare was ok too, Nakamba till he ran out of steam was just what we need in front of the CBs. some better finishing and an actual referee and we could have got 3 points, or at least 1.

• Like 1

Gerrard has to take the blame for that loss. What a stupid sub - Chukwuemeka for Nakamba when Ireogbonan or Chambers were available. And moving our best player back to a position he cannot play.

We were doing so well. Disappointed in the manager, not the players, who were a credit to us.

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Only managed to catch the second half. Its what we all expected really and was not a thrashing

too many chances missed, if only we were more clinical and something needs to be done about all this slipping over 

It's the shoes

Â