Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

23 minutes ago, allani said:

Apart from the Mane goal what chances did Liverpool create?  We had three excellent chances in the second half - Watkins messed the first up with a heavy touch that allowed the defender to get a block in, Ings messed the second up by trying to beat VVD rather than take an early shot and then Ings messed up the third with an awful touch that allowed their keeper to smother his shot.  And that is without the cross-shot that Allison parried straight past Carney - could just of easily have pushed that straight his chest.  I can remember a couple of free-kicks (off target) and a long range shot from Keita (also off target).

Ok I stand corrected. Allison made one save.

Thoughts Liverpool were streets ahead tbh.

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve been critical of Gerrard but tonight you can’t be because it was a performance on the whole to be proud of against one of the top European teams.  Nobody would’ve argued if we had come away with at least a draw…their quality and the ref just nicked them the win.

How many shots on Target did we have ?

• Haha 1

I just can't get my head round that Chuk substitution... We had Chambers, Tim and Sanson on the bench. Smacks of trying to convince him to sign a new deal for me, which I understand but cost us instantly! Don't want to be too critical tbf but it's those fine details that cost you against the scum 6

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The XG was 1.45 for Villa and 1.75 for Liverpool.

We gave them a decent match which is more than I feared at the start!

That isn't what sky showed after the game...1.96 to Liverpool,  and I think slightly less for us.  Your point is valid though,  Ings wasted more than enough chances to get us level. 

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've never been surrounded by so many oppo fans in the home end too. Sort it out.

Really? Where was you sat? Hows that happening is my question, surely ST holders not selling their tickets on!

Thought we did alright. A commanding right footed CB next to Mings, and a proper CDM in that side and I think we look alright. On another day Ings probably has at least 1 goal, possibly 2. 

I voted ref Very Good as he carried out his duties in ensuring every move we made was frustrated and giving free kicks for nothing to Liverpool perfectly. It was a masterful performance. He's earned his corn tonight. 

7 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

It's also amazing seeing a woman in the disabled section with a walking stick being used to prop her up and then going wild flailing it around in the air whilst dancing when they scored 🤨

Dey Doo doe doe Dey doe

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I voted ref Very Good as he carried out his duties in ensuring every move we made was frustrated and giving free kicks for nothing to Liverpool perfectly. It was a masterful performance. He's earned his corn tonight. 

10/10 top notch "I'm blowing out my arse let's have a chat" technique.

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Also meant to say, **** off to everyone singing the Tory ‘sign on’ song, and to those by the Witton coaches chanting ‘we pay your benefits’. Embarrassing.

Still doing that??? I remember that from the 80's if not before

Â