Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 23:00

A shame that fabinho has to come off, Henderson gave them control and our midfield never had the chance then.

Coutinho has a few magic moments but emi2 would have probably contributed the same if not more.

Shame Mings had a poor first half and then it was Konsa who had the poor second half.

D Luiz was great as a number 8 but not a 6, an unfit Marvelous was better at that position than him.

And like the manure game at home, we conceded 2 goals from our own error, otherwise managed ok 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The answer is in your question. They are the top sides. We are midtable. The word pathetic is not relevant. 

We have taken 4 points from the top 8 this season 

Last season we took 19 points from the top 8 teams

oh and gave gerrard a poor rating for the nakamba sub. moving luiz to CDM when there were 2 better 6's on the bench potentially lost us the game

• Like 3

Why are the “top teams” reffed on a different scale to everyone else? So bored of it.

Any kind of shoulder or physical challenge against them and it’s a foul but they can get away with borderline ones all day. Obviously they have more quality on the pitch but your playing against this constantly also.

Look forward to big tie Champions League games often as the refs, on the whole, seem to let the game flow equally and you also have the quality.

Anyway rant as old as time over, certainly held our own and deserved a point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Overall we have a good account of ourselves IMO.

I'll admit that I think SG showed a little bit of naivety with the Chuk sub.

I'm not sure if that was a " pressure " sub, as in, did he really think he could make a big difference? Or was it sacrificing for the " greater good " type man management to show faith in him? " Go on and show us what you've got on the biggest stage lad "

As soon as Doug goes to 6 he's an inferior player.

If we had a bit more quality, and perform like that we beat most teams 9 times out of 10 though.

Even though there is a finishing issue, i'd still rather spend money on defence and DCM areas.

Coutinho is also seems out of best form, he either needs to start Emi, or find a way to play them both IMO.

Overall optimistic though, we seem to have turned a corner spirit and effort wise.

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

oh and gave gerrard a poor rating for the nakamba sub. moving luiz to CDM when there were 2 better 6's on the bench potentially lost us the game

Nakamba couldn't keep going, had to come off. The problem is we have gaps in our squad and they'll be fixed in summer

• Like 1

It’s the fine margins again, if Ings finished his dinner it would’ve been a complete different game. Ref didn’t help at all.

We need a CB and DM it’s night and day when Luiz plays as an 8 vs as a 6.

Mings has been pretty decent recently, however he had some moments in the game like some of our other players.

Also when we are a goal down in injury time, I’d like us to be much smarter lol. Mings held on to the ball towards the end instead of rushing it back for the throw on, Martinez poor distribution towards the end didn’t help either.

If we continue to play like this I’m going to be so excited for next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's limited by who has on bench. We've no proper CDM and Nakamba came off and we conceded. Also we've only 2 CFs and so Watkins comes off we have no CF to bring on.

We will be a much more complete team with a summer pre season and some signings

He had Iroegbonum and Chambers he could have used to replace Nakamba.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Another inevitable 0 points against a top side. Gets to a stage where it's just pathetic.

What a load of rubbish. The best teams are hard to beat, that's why they are the best teams. We've done well in games against them for the most part, only losing a by a goal in a few of them.

The only thing pathetic about tonight is that comment.

Â