Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, wedge said:

Not being funny but if you're over the age of 16 and not a member of the playing squad I'm not sure why you'd wear a replica shirt anyway!

Why come into a thread whose sole purpose is to discuss the kit then?

• Like 2

It’s important to remember that there’s very few things people will agree on when it comes to kits, so decisions will be majority based on what the brand think will make them the money. What’s gonna sell a kit to me isn’t going to sell it to a beer belly old bloke who wants a red and dark blue kit with a round badge but they can’t do both.

Design aside I’m not sure they look particularly nice quality but I’ve not seen one in hand obviously.

Also I have a negative reaction the the brand for whatever reason which doesn’t help

7 minutes ago, wedge said:

Not being funny but if you're over the age of 16 and not a member of the playing squad I'm not sure why you'd wear a replica shirt anyway!

Heaven forbid an adult might want a football shirt to play football in, or an athletic performance shirt to work out or run in, or wear their clubs colours to a football game.

Or give money (indirectly) to the club they support.

Or actually just make decisions on how to live their life…

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wedge said:

I wear them to the gym mostly, they’re ideal for that and I get to rep Villa in amongst all the local Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and United fans. 

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Don't say I never do anything for you...

s-l1600 (0).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpeg

s-l1600 (2).jpeg

s-l1600 (3).jpeg

s-l1600 (4).jpeg

s-l1600 (5).jpeg

s-l1600 (6).jpeg

s-l1600 (7).jpeg

s-l1600 (8).jpeg

s-l1600 (9).jpeg

s-l1600 (10).jpeg

s-l1600 (11).jpeg

Get yer pallet out of the lads

Quite like them all, at least until @Davkauspointed out the difference in colour of the badge on the away kit. At least one of those shades is wrong, possibly even both if they’re not the same as the sleeves on the home shirt.

Just now, a m ole said:

Heaven forbid an adult might want a football shirt to play football in, or an athletic performance shirt to work out or run in, or wear their clubs colours to a football game.

Or to wear down Morrisons in kiddy on a saturday afternoon when your team are playing... 

Or is that just utd fans? 

• Haha 2

I don't wear them as don't like the feel of material that football tops are made from, but have to say looking at those pictures on page 24 I think they look quite nice, probably best looking ones since Luke. 

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why come into a thread whose sole purpose is to discuss the kit then?

I wasn't aware it was a thread solely for people who are going to wear it themselves, does that forbid someone from having an opinion on the design etc?

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or to wear down Morrisons in kiddy on a saturday afternoon when your team are playing... 

Or is that just utd fans? 

Usually primarily ManUre and Dippers fans but recently starting to see more and more Citeh now they've won a few pots!!

🤮

7 minutes ago, wedge said:

I haven’t had a Villa shirt since I was a kid. The same argument applies to most items of sports wear. The possible exception being trainers, providing they’re not too flash. For example a pair of Adidas Samba is fine. I have a pair of Rockports I bought in the States almost 10 years ago. 

I thought about buying a denim jacket a few years ago but my wife shot the idea down almost immediately. Maybe I’m just an old fart, I’m definitely turning into my Dad. Turning into my Dad is on the whole a wonderful thing though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Or give money (indirectly) to the club they support.

Or actually just make decisions on how to live their life…

I fear you've taken this way too much to heart old boy, didn't mean to deeply offend you or anybody for that matter! Just my opinion of which it's absolutely fine if people disagree!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I haven’t had a Villa shirt since I was a kid. The same argument applies to most items of sports wear. The possible exception being trainers, providing they’re not too flash. For example a pair of Adidas Samba is fine. I have a pair of Rockports I bought in the States almost 10 years ago. 

I thought about buying a denim jacket a few years ago but my wife shot the idea down almost immediately. Maybe I’m just an old fart, I’m definitely turning into my Dad. Turning into my Dad is on the whole a wonderful thing though. 

I'm late twenties, from the ages of 6-16 I'd say the latest Villa home and/or away shirt was first on my Christmas list every year without fail. Probably haven't bought one since, I see way too many middle aged blokes out and about or indeed at matches with a replica football shirt bulging over their spherical beer-afflicted stomach with a 21-year olds name and number on the back to change my mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wedge said:

I wasn't aware it was a thread solely for people who are going to wear it themselves, does that forbid someone from having an opinion on the design etc?

Good point, we make comments in the transfer thread with no intention of forking out a few million quid. Admittedly I often wonder why I go into this particular thread when I know I won’t buy a shirt. 

Just now, wedge said:

I'm late twenties, from the ages of 6-16 I'd say the latest Villa home and/or away shirt was first on my Christmas list every year without fail. Probably haven't bought one since, I see way too many middle aged blokes out and about or indeed at matches with a replica football shirt bulging over their spherical beer-afflicted stomach with a 21-year olds name and number on the back to change my mind.

You moved on to claret and blue Fred Perry polo shirts yet?! 

I've got a few kappa training tops and 1 shirt, plus an England and Germany shirt from the euros but that's because I play once or twice a week and at home I'm constantly in shorts and tshirt, they do serve a purpose

The only thing that's changed as I've got older is my refusal to pay full price for any of it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wear them to the gym mostly, they’re ideal for that and I get to rep Villa in amongst all the local Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and United fans. 

Of that I have no doubt. I suppose - and this is purely my (possibly way too cynical) opinion that I associate plastic and tourist fans that you see populating the front rows of the new Spurs stadium, Old Trafford, the Emirates, Etihad and Anfield as the ones wearing the latest box-fresh replica gear from head to toe (including replica headphones as an added extra if you're of an Arsenal persuasion!) or as they've just hand-picked a successful team to support from a million miles away to sort of overprove that they are true 'supporters' of that club.

• Like 1