Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

Yeah printed badge isn't the best but do they do a more expensive version and we're only seeing the cheap one? 

They're all perfectly fine and will look alright on the players, don't think I'll be parting with £70 for them but might pick up the home shirt when on offer

On to the training gear

16 minutes ago, weedman said:

There's no way those badges are lasting the season with regular use and washing

I have some player issue nike villa kits the check ones with printed badges still going strong.   Whereas the kappa logos on last years pro shirts are peeling off already.

I guess it's in the heat process hopefully they are done like Nike.

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I like the home and third, still not sure about the away.

The colour of the floor is different between the home and away so again not giving us a clear idea what colour the away actually is 😬.

Thanks Rob!

The away is blue. You can tell because the inside of it is white. In fact the inside of all of them is white, which means they've printed the colour rather than dyeing fabric - which wouldn't be my first choice. It looks pretty cheap. Ideally you'd dye the fabric in the lightest colour you're using on each shirt and then print any darker colours on it.

These are the pro shirts so I can understand the lightweight heat transfers badges and logos but I'd be disappointed if they were on the replicas.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The away is blue. You can tell because the inside of it is white. In fact the inside of all of them is white, which means they've printed the colour rather than dyeing fabric - which wouldn't be my first choice. It looks pretty cheap. Ideally you'd dye the fabric in the lightest colour you're using on each shirt and then print any darker colours on it.

These are the pro shirts so I can understand the lightweight heat transfers badges and logos but I'd be disappointed if they were on the replicas.

im guessing that means the vents will disappear on the replicas too?

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if the shorts have holes for Betty Swollocks too.

Yes, you put your legs through those. *

*applicable to real men and men over 80. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im guessing that means the vents will disappear on the replicas too?

The away doesn't look like it has the vents...maybe that's the fan version. Only 4 holes as well, instead of 8 like the home and third.

There's a picture of one online with a rubberized badge, I think the players normally have a printed badge because it makes the shirt more lightweight, their top also made of a lighter material, which is why you see their shirts get so easily ripped in games. In fact I read that for fans it's better to get the cheaper replica top as those will last longer.

FUKNb1kXsAEZIhS?format=jpg&name=small

The claret seems to lack a certain vibrancy that I associate with AV claret, could be just the light or maybe an early prototype, either way will get used it and will eventually become just another Villa top, I don't wear them myself as I don't like the material, so doesn't really matter too much to me, but always interested to see what they come up with for each season.

1 minute ago, useless said:

There's a picture of one online with a rubberized badge, I think the players normally have a printed badge because it makes the shirt more lightweight, their top also made of a lighter material, which is why you see their shirts get so easily ripped in games. In fact I read that for fans it's better to get the cheaper replica top as those will last longer.

FUKNb1kXsAEZIhS?format=jpg&name=small

The claret seems to lack a certain vibrancy that I associate with AV claret, could be just the light or maybe an early prototype, either way will get used it and will eventually become just another Villa top, I don't wear them myself as I don't like the material, so doesn't really matter too much to me, but always interested to see what they come up with for each season.

Makes sense, and I doubt a PL club are washing and reusing the same shirt 38 times a season.