Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You moved on to claret and blue Fred Perry polo shirts yet?! 

I've got a few kappa training tops and 1 shirt, plus an England and Germany shirt from the euros but that's because I play once or twice a week and at home I'm constantly in shorts and tshirt, they do serve a purpose

The only thing that's changed as I've got older is my refusal to pay full price for any of it

Not a polo, but I couldn't resist the claret and blue Adidas Gazelles!

Saw a guy in Banbury once with the 'Gazelle' wording removed from his sky blue and white efforts with the words 'Coventry City' instead, not sure I'd go that far!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not important I know but those dots/airholes on the back of the shirts annoy me. 

Is it a castore signature mark ? Meh.

Pro kit ventilation, they probably won’t be on the standard replica’s

Also there be a better badge than the stick  on ones with the replica’s too, probably an embroidered badge.

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Football tops are perfect for the summer, much better than t-shirts at least as they're actually designed to keep you cool. Plus they're stylish.

Isn't that what beer is for?

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Good point, we make comments in the transfer thread with no intention of forking out a few million quid. Admittedly I often wonder why I go into this particular thread when I know I won’t buy a shirt. 

I was having this conversation with a Dogheaded acquaintance of mine (I can't quite go as far as to call any Dingle or Small Heathen a 'friend'), we were chuckling about the amount of hours football fans bicker over transfer fees and wages like the entire amount is coming out of their pocket or something, I received a message from him a few hours later:

'Just checked my payslip and Wolves have taken £40million off me to buy some kid from Portugal, not happy.'

😂 

Edited by wedge
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wedge said:

I fear you've taken this way too much to heart old boy, didn't mean to deeply offend you or anybody for that matter! Just my opinion of which it's absolutely fine if people disagree!

I’m not offended in the slightest, I’ve bought 1 kit in the last 15 years

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wedge said:

Of that I have no doubt. I suppose - and this is purely my (possibly way too cynical) opinion that I associate plastic and tourist fans that you see populating the front rows of the new Spurs stadium, Old Trafford, the Emirates, Etihad and Anfield as the ones wearing the latest box-fresh replica gear from head to toe (including replica headphones as an added extra if you're of an Arsenal persuasion!) or as they've just hand-picked a successful team to support from a million miles away to sort of overprove that they are true 'supporters' of that club.

That is a bit cynical, but you’re right there is an element of that out there, however I don’t think you’ll find too many glory hunting Villa fans… at least not yet anyway. 

Actually if/when that day comes, I would be much less inclined to wear a Villa shirt outside of a game. Probably for the feeling that people would be thinking like you, that I’m a glory hunting plastic. The downside of success hey.

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

That is a bit cynical, but you’re right there is an element of that out there, however I don’t think you’ll find too many glory hunting Villa fans… at least not yet anyway. 

Actually if/when that day comes, I would be much less inclined to wear a Villa shirt outside of a game. Probably for the feeling that people would be thinking like you, that I’m a glory hunting plastic. The downside of success hey.

Agreed mate, especially as even though I was born six miles away from VP I'm exiled in rural Wiltshire nowadays! Will be looked upon as a right glory hunter after we've won the quadruple in the 2025/26 season turning up to play 5-a-side in my Villa replica shorts!!!

Fortunately my dulcet Brummie tones are still the overpowering force in my accent, but for how much longer who knows.

• Like 1