Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 22:59

Played well. Decent game to watch in the end.

Smart from Smith / MacPhee to keep the kids out of the firing line in the shootout. Shame that AEG's shush to the Chelsea fans didn't set the tone, but Young was pretty unlucky to hit underside of the bar. Nakamba never gonna score a pen in a million years haha.

I had Cash MOTM, but could have been a few players.

Hause's tackle on Lukaku was brilliant. Couple of brilliant balls into Archer (I think one from Sanson and one from Buendia?)

JPB also looked very good when he came on, played an exquisite pass out to AEG.

Lots of nice football against a decent side. Good runout. Hope Sanson's injury nothing too serious.

• Like 1

The only ones to not perform were emi young and el ghazi.

Everyone else gave everything and barring a couple great chances for archer he would have got my motm.

Gave it to traore constantly foulder, shoved, clipped, chopped but still gave the most effort I've seen him give.

Young though ? Mis placing pass after pass didn't help the team. 

El ghazi ? Didn't do anything, wasn't blocking on the press, wasn't driving forward shirked every 50 50 , not his finest hour although good penalty.

Emi, tried too hard to make through balls with nothing coming off, so instead of just keeping it simple, carried on giving the ball away.

Critical ? Yep because those 3 should be showing the rest and instead we're the weakest links tonight.

I only watched the second half. We were overrun for a 10-15 minute spell and lucky not to have the game out of sight. 
Aside from that they played well.

Steer looked like he was trying to get out of the way of the penalties for some reason.

Complete conjecture on my part here but I'll bet that a few of the kids would have been bang up for taking a pen and they were told that they couldn't, I'd like to think that we were protecting them by getting the senior players like Marv and Ezri to take them, missing a penno in the league cup won't do much to them, but for the kids it could really knock them if we went out due to a miss from one of them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I laughed to myself at the thought of Nakamba taking a pen at full time and sure enough up he steps, sorry Dean that’s an awful decision and totally on you. Everyone can miss but you don’t let Nakamba take a pen.

On the positive side we were fantastic in the 90 mins.

How is that on Dean ? Nakamba obviously volunteered, what's Dean supposed to say, you back your player for having the confidence to take a penalty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Annoyed that Smith had Nakamba take a pen. Ruins the evening that. A player you know has no chance of scoring takes the 2nd pen

That's why Young took the second one but he.missed too. 

If Nakamba hasn't of stepped up it probably would've been one of the youngsters taking it. 

I don't see why it's ruined your evening though.. Disappointing yes, but so many more positive things to take from this game. 

• Like 2

Superb again tonight, part of me doesn’t give a toss we lost on penalties.

Delighted for Archer after missing a couple of big opportunities but he looks a helluva player.

Can’t believe Sanson went off again, was it concussion or something else (I was half watching the game on my phone in the pub)? 

• Like 1

Â