Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

The only ones to not perform were emi young and el ghazi.

Everyone else gave everything and barring a couple great chances for archer he would have got my motm.

Gave it to traore constantly foulder, shoved, clipped, chopped but still gave the most effort I've seen him give.

Young though ? Mis placing pass after pass didn't help the team. 

El ghazi ? Didn't do anything, wasn't blocking on the press, wasn't driving forward shirked every 50 50 , not his finest hour although good penalty.

Emi, tried too hard to make through balls with nothing coming off, so instead of just keeping it simple, carried on giving the ball away.

Critical ? Yep because those 3 should be showing the rest and instead we're the weakest links tonight.

Ash wasn’t the only one, plenty rustiness all round, especially first half.

Fine margins, quality performance and didn’t fold when we were under the cosh and a goal down.

This squad will do some big things this season (…….just not in the league cup)

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

2nd time in 2 weeks we've gone toe to toe with the champions of Europe and looked more than good enough for 1.5 of it

That was a good game, both teams missed some great chances, the difference between the cost of 2 sides is mental so I don't see how anyone complains at that

Again tuchel needed a few hundred million off the bench to beat us 

Yes apparently Tuchel is the best manager in Europe a tactical genius if you believe the biased media.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Yes apparently Tuchel is the best manager in Europe a tactical genius if you believe the biased media.

I thought that was Bielsa-Bucket?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If you say so.

It literally wasn’t.  Of the Chelsea players who started its really only Kante and James who are first choice.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Very very poor from Smith not letting any of the young players take a Pen. Nakamba took one and Archer didn't. Inexcusable from Smith that. 

Eh? If they had and the outcome was the same, Smith would’ve been lynched on here?

We're slowly progressing into a VERY decent side and squad.

Future looks bloody bright!

Imagine what we look like with a couple more windows/seasons?

Although at present, you see the youngsters, and wouldn't be surprised if they end up forming the star core.

Transfer window for what?!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Very very poor from Smith not letting any of the young players take a Pen. Nakamba took one and Archer didn't. Inexcusable from Smith that. 

And if they missed, I guarantee you'd be slating Smith for heaping too much responsibility on young shoulders. Face it, you'd blame Smith for the sun rising each day... 

Â