Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Football has become a multi million pound business. Crucially we took a few years out under Ellis and Lerner. 

Quite frankly I'm amazed we've got back to where we are. We might by the law averages sneak a cup win. But regular silverware is going to take many more millions.

I try not to look at bigger picture and just enjoy each game. Tonight for example was a belting game of football - it was like a 1970s match - gone was the drab possession, sideways , slow game. Fast paced, tackles , crosses, headed goals - loved it.

I agree with all of that and the progress the club has made in the last few years is incredible. It’s a fun time to be a Villa fan and tonight’s game was great to watch. 

For the sake of a few extra games, however,  I would just like to see us go all out to try win a trophy by selecting our strongest team. Beat Chelsea and you have a huge chance of going all the way. I know the full squad needs games, but at this stage I would rather risk a few league points by rotating than weakening our team in every cup game. Most cups we exit these days is largely down to a weakened team, yet we celebrate moral victories. It doesn’t make sense to me. Another cup win would be huge for the club but we seem to just pass it up year in year out. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

We played them twice in the last two weeks and twice this season. And you try to twist that into 'whatever suits your narrative captain obvious'

Pathetic!

You made the comment that Tuchel had beaten Villa twice, when corrected you changed the narrative to only this season, and him beating Villa “twice” this season has nothing to do with him being the best Coach in Europe which your initial response was made.

Your continual captain obvious comments, as if we didn’t already know certain facts, but needed you to point them out to enlighten us…your correct it is pathetic.

• Like 2

Just now, QldVilla said:

You made the comment that Tuchel had beaten Villa twice, when corrected you changed the narrative to only this season, and him beating Villa “twice” this season has nothing to do with him being the best Coach in Europe which your initial response was made.

Your continual captain obvious comments, as if we didn’t already know certain facts, but needed you to point them out to enlighten us…your correct it is pathetic.

I think I will take Mark Twain's advice here 

• Like 1

I’m not sure where to post this because it’s not my intention to have a go at the manager after an excellent effort from a very young inexperienced team but it does annoy me that we don’t take the cups more seriously. I was lucky enough to be at Wembley in 1996 and if you said to me then that we wouldn’t win anything in the next 25 years I would have laughed my head off. Why don’t we try? We don’t play that many matches and we could have afforded to play a stronger team tonight. I wonder how many cups we could have won in the last 25 years had we taken each game seriously?! I want to see us win something again!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You should also know by now that even the slightest excuse to find fault will be gleefully taken by some posters and shouted as loudly as possible. To find criticism in almost any game, win, lose or draw is of course always possible and I’m pretty sure that every game is endlessly watched by an army of analysts, as well as the coaches and the bones well and truly picked out of every kick, but to endlessly find fault in Dean Smith is as boring now as it is baffling. The scornful criticism of anyone who shows support for Smith in the face of an almost constant diatribe of criticism by some posters is equally strange, given that it is showing support for the Villa manager on Villa forum. Perhaps I don’t understand the nature of being a supporter anymore?

It is rare to find anyone that doesn't show support for Smith on VT. Yes, there are a few but the vast majority on here support Smith

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I’m not sure where to post this because it’s not my intention to have a go at the manager after an excellent effort from a very young inexperienced team but it does annoy me that we don’t take the cups more seriously. I was lucky enough to be at Wembley in 1996 and if you said to me then that we wouldn’t win anything in the next 25 years I would have laughed my head off. Why don’t we try? We don’t play that many matches and we could have afforded to play a stronger team tonight. I wonder how many cups we could have won in the last 25 years had we taken each game seriously?! I want to see us win something again!!!

Watch him make 11 changes when the FA Cup kicks off. 

There is a Blink-182 song that I think sums up my feelings right now and off the top of my head it goes “shit piss **** word removed cocksucker really bad person dick fart dirty clearing in the woods, shit piss **** word removed cocksucker really bad person dick fart dirty clearing in the woods, shit piss **** word removed cocksucker really bad person dick fart dirty clearing in the woods, I love Dean Smith!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Guy is just like Solskjaer. 

Just created vibes. We'll win nothing under him. 

Not starting Martinez is an unbelievable decision. We don't play in Europe. There is no reason to rest as many players as we did. 

This was a great opportunity wasted. Martinez plays and we win this game. 

Steer was rubbish in the shootout but to be fair to him, I think he was great over the 90 mins and made some important saves. You can’t guarantee that Martinez would have kept a clean sheet as he hasn’t quite found his feet this season. I do think he would have done better with the pens tho. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is rare to find anyone that doesn't show support for Smith on VT. Yes, there are a few but the vast majority on here support Smith

I agree with that and I know that you generally have a pretty balanced view. It’s that small majority that probably get me and I’m sure others a bit wound up at times. I also recognise that there are some posters that are hyper defensive of Dean Smith. I’m sure one side brings out the worst in the other side, nature of the beast I suppose. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

The moment the final whistle went we had won regardless of the result of the penalties, the moment when they brought Lukaku and Georginio on at 75 minutes we had won regardless of the result. We are now a force to be reckoned with from Youth set up and up. Which has the feel of 1976 1977 again. Exciting times Villans 

the same last week, they needed to bring Jorginho on at H/T. It really is a positive sign and shows how far DS has brought us in the last few years

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

No. Not my take away at all. Spin it how you like but you know what I mean! Why didn’t we go with a stronger team? 

Why didn't media's current cum-shot darling, Tuchel? 

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

No. Not my take away at all. Spin it how you like but you know what I mean! Why didn’t we go with a stronger team? 

Stronger how? We put out a team to win the game and they nearly did. Would you rather we didn't have a squad now then? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I think I need to go to bed before I get a ban because there are some right fecking idiots on this forum tonight. 

Tonight was brilliant, and you idiots having a pop need to consider a different hobby. 

Night all. 

Â