Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/21 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That's why Young took the second one but he.missed too. 

If Nakamba hasn't of stepped up it probably would've been one of the youngsters taking it. 

I don't see why it's ruined your evening though.. Disappointing yes, but so many more positive things to take from this game. 

Yes, the Centre Forward Archer should have taken one because it's his job to score goals. It's an EFL cup, as if he's going to get heat if he missed. Smith was weak there and made a bad error which cost us the game

Nakamba taking a pen, he can barely pass a ball 20 yards

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I seem to be in the minority in having Tuanzebe as man of the match, thought he was absolutely immense all evening.

He played well, definitely gave me more confidence in him as a starter in a back 4 at this level. I thought all the defence played well apart from Young.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

And if they missed, I guarantee you'd be slating Smith for heaping too much responsibility on young shoulders. Face it, you'd blame Smith for the sun rising each day... 

The starting centre forward should take a penalty. It's their job to score goals

• Haha 2

I said 3-0 before the game so I underestimated them. Gave Chelsea a real game and it’s so good to know we have a strong squad that injuries shouldn’t completely derail us. Feel for Sanson as thought he played well. Hopefully not to serious. 

It’s always nice to have a cup run but when games start coming thick and fast we’ll be glad we ain’t got more of them. Plus City will win it anyway! 

UTV! 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do you think it was their first team? Chelsea made 10 changes from their league game

Yeah like starting Kante, Chilwell and James who started the Champions League final for them, and then had to change the forwards back as well when they still couldn’t beat us 😆

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yes, the Centre Forward Archer should have taken one because it's his job to score goals. It's an EFL cup, as if he's going to get heat if he missed. Smith was weak there and made a bad error which cost us the game

Nakamba taking a pen, he can barely pass a ball 20 yards

Smith out! 🤣

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

How is that on Dean ? Nakamba obviously volunteered, what's Dean supposed to say, you back your player for having the confidence to take a penalty. 

Well I’m assuming more than 5 said they wanted one so he should have been in at 6 at the very best but even then you wouldn’t want him taking a crucial pen either, basically he shouldn’t be taking one under any circumstances, sorry but that’s my opinion and it’s not changing.

Just now, Jono62 said:

Definitely. If Archer had missed, Smith would have been roasted for letting a youngster take one. 

Wouldn’t have been great for young players confidence either.  Serious nit picking to question penalty takers in my opinion. They  are all professional footballs that can kick a ball from 12 yards. Penalties in shootout are all about nerves rather than technique. 

• Like 4

Just now, LondonLax said:

Yeah like starting Kante, Chilwell and James who started the Champions League final for them, and then had to change the forwards back as well when they still couldn’t beat us 😆

If you think that was Chelsea's first team you need to watch a little more of Chelsea's football. It was not their first team, it is just a sign of their strength in depth

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Can't agree, he went too quickly for all the pens and didn't put their player off at all, he did man up in his moment.

But the 96 minutes of full time he’s didn’t put a foot wrong, in fact kept us in it. I’ll admit there not much beyond Steer & Martinez though.

Penalties are a lottery anyway, it was so close, only Nakamba’s was saved.

Edited by thunderball

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Smith out! 🤣

No you clearing in the woods, Smith made a mistake and should be called out for it. He's made plenty before and will again. Doesn't mean all the good work he's done is irrelevant

Â