January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Over £100m, he's better than sancho and that was what they touted for him originally, they're also going to lose Haaland so won't sell both, he's good enough for any club in the world imo 

He's also in "trouble" with the DFB but expect it to be a slap on the wrist and a couple of games ban which will only fan the flames of them being pro bayern, dortmund have doubled down on him and effectively said well he's not lying is he, the newspapers are split, not as sensationalist as ours are, die welt has supported him and more of less said the truth hurts for the DFB

I just don't see a player in his position being worth £100m. Its generally the flair players... the difference makers. He's a very good player but no-one is paying £100m for him IMO

Just now, Xela said:

I just don't see a player in his position being worth £100m. Its generally the flair players... the difference makers. He's a very good player but no-one is paying £100m for him IMO

Its the number of years you'd get out of him for the buying club and then the not wanting to sell for dortmund 

Honest he's an absolute star for them already, them selling would be hugely detrimental for them both on the pitch and off it 

• Like 2

I am definitely not ITK but I had lunch with a mate today who is well connected at Rangers. He says that we have contacted Rangers about Nathan Patterson. He reckons Rangers will sell at the right price, likely to be around £10m. He also says that Patterson is going to be a top player.

Take it with a pinch of salt if you like but I thought I would share. It might lead to nothing but it does indicate that Gerrard might want some competition for Cashy and Patterson has only just turned 20.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

10 million for the Rangers back up right back. If he was that much of a talent he be starting weekly. 

i think the issue with that might be that they have Tavernier at RB, 30 years old and is probably one of their best players, from right back in 20/21, he scored 19 goals and assisted 16 times in 46 games, so either a goal or assist in 76% of Ranger's games, even this season he has 11 assists in 14 Scottish PL games, thats pretty nuts for a RB (even accounting for it being Scotland), he is also Ranger's Captain.

I wouldnt be surprised if Rangers hoped someone would come in for Tavernier at some point over the past couple of years for a good chunk of cash, to then free up that RB spot for Patterson, however even though i remember Tavernier being touted in the "gossip columns" for a move to the PL over the past couple of years, it never happened for some reason?

Im not saying Patterson is or isnt good, but of all Rangers positions, Tavernier at RB is probably one of their strongest.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 2

I would love 3 players in Jan to make the 1st team stronger 

Keiran Tierney- £35m. Would be a real statement signing spending this much on a left back and would be perfect for us in a Gerrard team. Injuries are a bit of a concern though and doubt Arsenal would sell

Yves Bissouma - £35m. Providing he clears his name legally he would be a class signing and 35-40m would probably get him. I'm loving the Marv revival and hopefully it lasts but Bissouma has been class for a while

Charles de Ketalere - £30m. Very classy player from Club Brugge who is going to get even better and become a star for Belgium. I think he would really suit playing as one of our 10s and provide competition to Buendia, Bailey, Chuck and could also play as the 9. £30m may not be enough for him but would be a great buy especially if we are linked with Kent from Rangers for £20m or so who is nowhere near as good. 

Poasible Outs in Jan:

El Ghazi - £15m

Davis - £6m 

Wesley - £5m 

Apart from right back (recall Guilbert maybe?) and goalie I think that would give us a pretty strong 1st 11 and backup 11

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I would be disappointed if we bought any players from Rangers. I worry about quality and I also worry it feels a little lazy.

Patterson could be an exception. The Rangers fans lose their shit over him.

We also haven’t got a bad record signing players from Scotland. Cuellar, Petrov, McGinn all successes. A couple of (cheap) duds like Maloney and de la Cruz (although he was perfectly fine as a back up) and then the weird MON shit like Didier Agathe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I would love Milinkovic-Savic. He'd probably cost around double our records transfer fee. Near £70m had been muted for him so a touch less than double the most we've ever paid for a player.

But yes what a signing that would be

I’m not sure on Lazio’s finances but aren’t a lot of clubs in Italy struggling after covid? Would they be in a position to turn down a decent bid for him and demand more?

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Harvey Barnes would be a good signing. I wonder how many players out there idolised Gerrard growing up and would jump at the chance of playing under him. Its another interesting element that could work in our favour. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic would be a dream signing for me too

No chance we'd get either tbh. Barnes would be the majority the Grealish money, SMS wouldn't be far off and both would have CL suitors.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Patterson could be an exception. The Rangers fans lose their shit over him.

We also haven’t got a bad record signing players from Scotland. Cuellar, Petrov, McGinn all successes. A couple of (cheap) duds like Maloney and de la Cruz (although he was perfectly fine as a back up) and then the weird MON shit like Didier Agathe. 

Maloney was more of a success than Cuellar, dreadful player. Petrov was also mixed during his time here

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

I would love 3 players in Jan to make the 1st team stronger 

Keiran Tierney- £35m. Would be a real statement signing spending this much on a left back and would be perfect for us in a Gerrard team. Injuries are a bit of a concern though and doubt Arsenal would sell

Yves Bissouma - £35m. Providing he clears his name legally he would be a class signing and 35-40m would probably get him. I'm loving the Marv revival and hopefully it lasts but Bissouma has been class for a while

Charles de Ketalere - £30m. Very classy player from Club Brugge who is going to get even better and become a star for Belgium. I think he would really suit playing as one of our 10s and provide competition to Buendia, Bailey, Chuck and could also play as the 9. £30m may not be enough for him but would be a great buy especially if we are linked with Kent from Rangers for £20m or so who is nowhere near as good. 

Poasible Outs in Jan:

El Ghazi - £15m

Davis - £6m 

Wesley - £5m 

Apart from right back (recall Guilbert maybe?) and goalie I think that would give us a pretty strong 1st 11 and backup 11

Tierney will cost a lot more than that probably 50-60 million , Bissouma court case will probably go past January

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maloney was criminally underused, but I think he didn't settle well in Brum.

He really was. Saw him in my first game at VP brought on 1-0 down against Newcastle at HT. Petrov was putrid and disappeared for weeks and Gabby hooked as well for Maloney and Harewood and we won 4-1. I'm playing over 35s tourney this Sunday(well not me probably because quad fooked) and teammate from Aberdeen, his football claim to fame is he played against Maloney at youth level

Edited by Kiwivillan