January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m seriously baffled people still keep suggesting Bissouma.

A lot only watch Villa matches and only read Villa news, which is why we had so many calling for us to sign Shane Long and Vagner Love for 4-5 years after they played blinders against us, regardless of how poor they played in every other game since then.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Ings and Watkins aren't proper finishers? Come on, now.

I am mentioning Ings as a goal threat in the original post. How he would fare in the position behind Watkins we dont know yet, but I hope he brings goals we are in dire need of them. 

Watkins is awesome, but he is missing alot of chances he should put :( If you also follow the replies I have made, its regarding the position BEHIND Watkins I feel we need more goals from.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m seriously baffled people still keep suggesting Bissouma.

I enjoy it because if he's not guilty, he's going to the very top and bypassing us entirely. Our chance of getting him is only if he is a convicted sex offender but not imprisoned. And that's what we're hoping for by suggesting him, madness really 🤣

But it is difficult for the average fan to know of many up and coming class DMs. Some of these suggestions will be 'like a Bissouma'. Like when we'd have been saying 'like a Kante' 6 or 7 years ago

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

I think LB is the most important atm. Combined with an AMC to give us more of a goal threat.

Targett needs competition. Period. 

RB: I think we can stay put until the summer. We got Kesler-Hayden ripping it up in League Two, and from the highlights I have seen I believe he should be eased into PL next season (and he is ready for it) else he might be gone.

With limited amount of money, going for players in CB and CM isnt the right priority for me. We need goals. Of the players who can play "AMC" behind Watkins (who should be on top), we got Ings (only one that you feel can score), El Ghazi, Trez, Ramsey, Chuk, JPB, Bailey, Buendia. Besides Ings only goalthreat I feel there is from JPB and Bailey (where Bailey seems to struggle with injury, and probably wont feature until february earliest, and JPB being more of a creative player)

Part of me agrees with you here (not the poor finishing part later) 

I agree with you on a LB. If we could sign Alvarez at CAM/SS that would be great (although think he's been more of an out and out striker this year).. but I do think Hause/Axel need improving upon and 3 good games from Marv don't mean we have no need for a DM - particularly as he'll miss 3 games anyway.

CAM is a weird one. I do think we have a gap there. But similarly we have McGinn, Sanson, Jacob Ramsey, Chuk, Buendia, Ings and Aaron Ramsey who can all play that role. If we sign an attacker, they need to be versatile across the front 3 and it needs to be met with the sales of both Anwar and Trez.

For me, that's why I'd focus on LB, CB and CM.

Wijndal, Gomez, Boubacar Kamara, Alvarez 

Job done. 😄

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s always stood out when I’ve seen him and not just against us. It’s probably a move he would welcome too. Obviously wouldn’t be cheap.

Two completely unrelated stories;

Bissouma arrested at a night club on a freshers evening, ushered out in handcuffs.

Brighton player in his twenties on bail for sexual assault charges.

53 minutes ago, KMitch said:

A lot only watch Villa matches and only read Villa news, which is why we had so many calling for us to sign Shane Long and Vagner Love for 4-5 years after they played blinders against us, regardless of how poor they played in every other game since then.  

I signed Vagner Love for us on Football Manager to be fair and he was quality 😅

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Two completely unrelated stories;

Bissouma arrested at a night club on a freshers evening, ushered out in handcuffs.

Brighton player in his twenties on bail for sexual assault charges.

I wouldn't mind but every other page someone mentions this as well.😂

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It needs repeating if people think we’re dumb enough to make an offer for him. 

Of course. I was actually agreeing with your original post there rather than saying that it doesn't warrant repeating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We're short in terms of depth at CB, even at youth level. Tuanzebe is a loan and obviously not a long term solution, so we don't have back up for Konsa on the right side. We need a placeholder for 2 seasons while Feeney develops.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It needs repeating if people think we’re dumb enough to make an offer for him. 

Nobody is making an offer for him currently, the only club dumb enough would be Newcastle, I’m not going to jump to conclusions and say he’s done this that and the other it’s such a broad grey area, but it would be so Newcastle to buy a player for £60m only for him to get banged up before their final games 🤣

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We're short in terms of depth at CB, even at youth level. Tuanzebe is a loan and obviously not a long term solution, so we don't have back up for Konsa on the right side. We need a placeholder for 2 seasons while Feeney develops.

Bogarde and Swinkels over Feeney imo but yeah I agree