January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Juve fans who know who Westwood is? Now I've heard everything :D 

From what I've seen he's not lived up to the early hype and potential yet but he's only 24 and I certainly don't think he's similar to Westwood in any way shape or form. Using a broad stereotype I generally love the attitude that players from Uruguay have. Just a hint of crazy in most of em :)

The description of him from them sounds like how we described Westwood. bottles tackles and makes a lot of side ways passes

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The description of him from them sounds like how we described Westwood. bottles tackles and makes a lot of side ways passes

Fair enough, no doubt Juve fans watch him a whole lot more than I do.

Fwiw he's ranked 2nd in Interceptions and 6th in tackles made per game among all Juve players in the league this season according to whoscored

Will be interesting to see who we go for Jan, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for a left side central defender, not that Mings has done much wrong but we struggle at times to play out the back

My shopping list in terms of positions I think we need to address within the squad.

Back up GK

First choice/genuinely competitive LB 

LCB

2 x CM

I don't think these will all be addressed in January but they are the biggest issues in the squad currently and were in the summer but went unaddressed.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

My shopping list in terms of positions I think we need to address within the squad.

Back up GK

First choice/genuinely competitive LB 

LCB

2 x CM

I don't think these will all be addressed in January but they are the biggest issues in the squad currently and were in the summer but went unaddressed.

Do you not think we need some cover at RB or do you believe Kessler (sp?) will play a part next season?

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Do you not think we need some cover at RB or do you believe Kessler (sp?) will play a part next season?

I really like Kessler but hard to judge if he can make the step up so I'm a little on the fence with that one plus Konsa can cover there if needed.

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not saying this just because he scored today, but always thought Barnes is a very talented player and think he would flourish in this formation Gerrard uses.

i thought barnes showed why he's at Leicester and cant get in the England team

good player, their best player last night, takes some really nice touches and looks dangerous but ultimately he's not at that top top level, he's just short of it, i dont think he's ruthless enough and england in particular at the moment are loaded in that position 

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I think we definitely need a Right back as well as a left back.

RB is tough because i do think kesler will make it and cash is almost certain to be 1st choice hence why guilbert doesnt want to be here

could see us trying to get another ashley young plug for a season but i dont think we'll look long term at RB

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

RB is tough because i do think kesler will make it and cash is almost certain to be 1st choice hence why guilbert doesnt want to be here

could see us trying to get another ashley young plug for a season but i dont think we'll look long term at RB

I like Cash but he's very wasteful with his distribution  crossing and shooting and lately he gets beaten or caught out of position a bit too much.

I love his enthusiasm and there's still time for him to polish up. While that happens, a more polished RB could come in and Cash can compete with him. Gives Kessler more time to develop too.

Wijndal (18 months left),

Boubacar Kamara (6 months left) 

Joe Gomez

Would be a great window for me and address a few issues even if I still feel I'd look at the squad and think we missed a Star player or two.

Where Wijndal ends up will be interesting as he's one of those that gets linked to big big clubs but I could see him in a midtable side somewhere and being very gettable. Not unlike former teammate Teun Koopmeiners. Linked to Man U constantly then ends up at Atalanta. Wijndal does have Mino Raiola as an agent though. I'd really like to look at David Raum at Hoffenheim but he only joined them recently so likely too soon for another move for him.

47 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I like Cash but he's very wasteful with his distribution  crossing and shooting and lately he gets beaten or caught out of position a bit too much.

I love his enthusiasm and there's still time for him to polish up. While that happens, a more polished RB could come in and Cash can compete with him. Gives Kessler more time to develop too.

same with LB i think the next level up is going north of £20m and i dont see us doing both until we push on up the table

if we did get joe gomez maybe we'd try him out at RB whilst covering the CBs, not sure if he'd be too keen on that though, also think liverpool letting him go would suggest that he's another one that ben mee has got away with breaking, he's not even making their bench