January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It was a real shame that didn’t work out. He showed some signs of being a good ‘keeper, some random goals early on in that first Champ season and that was the end. 
I remember being at VP for that bizarre clearance/deflection goal against (was it) Sheffield Weds the first game in the Championship! That was such bad luck.

Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough was the first game of the season, but I believe the game you’re referring to was Huddersfield at Villa Park, the second home game of the season (after Rotherham 3-0).

I was at both those opening home matches, I’ve not watched the Huddersfield goal back since then, I was flummoxed as to how we didn’t have that game sewn up at halftime.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Id rather us not pay £40M for Bissouma and pay under £15M for Zakaria if possible, I understand the bigger fish are circling and more attractive however we just brought in Coutinho and have Gerrard as manager COULD that be enough to prize him away to villa park rather than old trafford. Zakaria is certainly that yaya toure type we have been missing, id be buzzing if we were able to get him, i doubt bissouma would be let go anyway.

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey was brought in as a winger, which fitted into Smith's system, while Ings appeared to have no plan behind it. Now Gerrard has come in Bailey may no longer fit into the system (along with Traore, AEG and Trez). Whether we can adapt Bailey and Traore to number 10s remains to be seen, but I suspect they will be on the transfer list before too long. 

Traore for sure may be on that list ( despite being one of the most skillful players ive ever seen at VP) he can pull off some frightening dribbles that he makes look effortless other than that he isn’t consistent enough, as for bailey hes not the type of player you get rid of he is a special talent who is hammered by injuries in which case you may then consider offloading other than that he stays . So id say our three frontmen are coutinho, watkins and ings fighting for two spots and then just wide to them we have bailey, buendia, traore, JPB 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I know nothing of Zakari, literally nadda, but Bissouma on the other hand I know is Brilliant. 

I’d choose Bissouma based on that hah.

We could get maybe slightly less of a player for 10 mill rather than blow a whole 40 mill on YVES Bissouma , id like to try and not overspend if we can.

Zakaria isn't a realistic prospect. Theoretically he might be available for a cut price fee, but he will have every major club in Europe speaking to him and he can pretty much name his price. He will be going to a global name club and making obscene money - an eye watering signing on fee and crazy wages await.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know we wont go for anyone at Rb, due to Cash & hopefully hayden coming through, but Aarons is a really good RB.

I used to think so too, but I've seen a few Norwich games since Deano took over and Aarons has been shockingly poor at times.  Doesn't seem to have kicked on as much as everyone has hoped, or Norwich are just that shit.  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I used to think so too, but I've seen a few Norwich games since Deano took over and Aarons has been shockingly poor at times.  Doesn't seem to have kicked on as much as everyone has hoped, or Norwich are just that shit.  

Never understood the Aarons hype

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough was the first game of the season, but I believe the game you’re referring to was Huddersfield at Villa Park, the second home game of the season (after Rotherham 3-0).

I was at both those opening home matches, I’ve not watched the Huddersfield goal back since then, I was flummoxed as to how we didn’t have that game sewn up at halftime.

Yes! That’s it! I couldn’t remember when that goal was, thanks.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Liked Gollini but he didn’t seem to command his area enough back then.  Thought it could be something he could improve upon but still seems to have the same issue.  Not good enough for his level.

I wonder if people are slighty overrating Zakaria, I've seen him play, think he's a very good player, and would be happy for us to sign him, but I'm not sure he's so good that all the top sides in Europe will want him, I think he'd more likely end up at a club like ours or one on a similar level such as Leicester, Wolves, Everton, or West Ham, possibly the next level up such as Arsenal or Spurs, if bigger teams than the aforementioned go for him I think it will be more due to the reduced tranfer fee than anything else, Man Utd might make sense as they seem weak in midfield.

Having watched them both play I think Bissouma is more suited to what we need in that central holding role.