January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

He’s always scored goals and been a talent, I think he may actually surprise a few people in more of a narrow role - we need to get him firing though. We need to get them all firing. Although we probably just need to get him to actually play first and foremost

My main concern with Bailey is his fitness, how many times has he been injured and we only signed him in summer?

Ramsey will have to compete to earn his place in the match day eleven. We have some very capable players and all of them are looking to establish themselves within this team and prove their worth. Some of them have played and proven their worth to a degree beyond what we've seen from Ramsey already, whether for this club or another. An academy player is nothing more than potential and an indication of how well the club develops talent as well as the work ethic and abilities of the Academy graduate.

I think its going to be tough for him to command a weekly spot in the starting eleven. This is nothing like the situation surrounding Grealishs promotion to our first team. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Ramsey will have to compete to earn his place in the match day eleven. We have some very capable players and all of them are looking to establish themselves within this team and prove their worth. Some of them have played and proven their worth to a degree beyond what we've seen from Ramsey already, whether for this club or another. An academy player is nothing more than potential and an indication of how well the club develops talent as well as the work ethic and abilities of the Academy graduate.

I think its going to be tough for him to command a weekly spot in the starting eleven. This is nothing like the situation surrounding Grealishs promotion to our first team. 

SG will have standards they have to meet and he will not give a flying **** who they are as long as we are playing well and winning games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

SG will have standards they have to meet and he will not give a flying **** who they are as long as we are playing well and winning games.

If the academy players are good enough they'll get game time, if they aren't they'll be sold for profit, rinse and repeat.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If the academy players are good enough they'll get game time, if they aren't they'll be sold for profit, rinse and repeat.

Exactly this,  if say 3 out of 20 prospects become first team regulars I think we are doing very well and if the rest are sold for profit coached in the right way and find decent careers within the game then it continues to make us a attractive option for youngsters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

You mean £35m losses allowed per year in the Premier League.

So gives us an extra £20m to play with.

I think last season and this season end up as one season on the books too due to covid so I think there's a bit of leeway in FFP for this season, which in theory lasts for the next 3 years as it'll be looked back to for that long.

Basically, if there's one year to spend in, its this one (assuming I've understood it correctly)

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

My main concern with Bailey is his fitness, how many times has he been injured and we only signed him in summer?

Me as well mate, but the positive now is, we hopefully have the luxury of allowing him to be FULLY fit.

Get him on a proper program which addresses the problem areas and imbalances etc.

We are not desperate for him just yet, but having a fully fit and switched on Bailey is a decent luxury to have.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This confirms the need to follow a Leicester style recruitment policy. Selling Grealish allowed us to strengthen the squad considerably. I'm not saying we have to produce another 100m player to sell, but if we buy high potential younger footballers for reasonable fees then we could hope to make a 3 or 4 x profit on them to progress as a club. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Exactly this,  if say 3 out of 20 prospects become first team regulars I think we are doing very well and if the rest are sold for profit coached in the right way and find decent careers within the game then it continues to make us a attractive option for youngsters.

Look at Chelsea, their youth setup is starting to pay off.  They have about 5 academy players in first team squad, 2 of which are arguably star players.  It takes time, and not all of them will make it, but the ones that don't can be sold for profit.