Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe I am missing one but I think Didier Six,  Kent Nielsen, Schmeichel and Pires are the only Villa players to win either a World Cup or Euros and the last 2 joined 10 years after they won it

I mean players that were actually at Villa when they played in the final.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

maybe I am missing one but I think Didier Six,  Kent Nielsen, Schmeichel and Pires are the only Villa players to win either a World Cup or Euros and the last 2 joined 10 years after they won it

Weird to think of Schmeichel and Nielsen being teammates given the timing of their Villa careers.

My mates just messaged me saying Arsenal have agreed to sign Ben White for £54 million, not sure how they would be able to afford this..

Dominos effect incoming?

Edited by Tommo_b

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

My mates just messaged me saying Arsenal have agreed to sign Ben White for £54 million, not sure how they would be able to afford this..

Dominos effect incoming?

It was reported yesterday but on some sort of Arsenal site, so take that however you like.  Probably with a pinch of salt. It also said Brighton were yet to respond but  Arsenal were in “pole position”. So somewhat contradictory to say the least. They’ve probably offered a couple of hundred quid down and a hundred a month for 539998 months. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Watching the game last night I was thinking that ESR must be sitting watching how Saka is playing in the Euros enviously with one eye on the WC next year. He has a big decision to make which could define his career. I want it to happen but being only 20, I cannot see him being in a rush to leave and I expect him to either commit or wait another year and see how things pan out before reassessing.  Cannot see him being driven by money either at this stage of his career, nor would I want it to be and personally think it will come down to, What is his best route for a shot at Qatar 2022 WC Squad.

Not just Saka though. Sancho and Foden were his team mates at England youth level and in the team that won the U17s WC. 

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I Hope Please GIF

On a serious note, i think there is a clear pattern in our recruitment targets.

We signed Watkins, who is good but also an absolute workhorse.

We signed cash who is fairly good technically, but is a workhorse.

We signed Sanson who has technical ability but is known for being an insane presser and a hard worker.

We signed Buendia who is known to work really hard off the ball, has excellent pressing stats and is very technically gifted.

We are being linked to ESR, who has very good off the ball and workrate stats, as well as being technically gifted.

do we all see the pattern!?!

I think its clear we are looking for technically gifted players, but i think if we get the targets we are after, we will also have a first 11 of players who have energy to burn, give no time to opposition teams, all work their a**es off and press and work like animals, young, hungry, hard working.

Gonna be fun if we get our targets.

Oh god, Jack will be out of the team if he doesn't pull his socks up. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

How on earth is Ben White worth £54m???

Great defender and will only get better. Prefer Konsa though!! Wonder how much he is worth now? Villa doing things the right way £12 million - improve significantly - value goes up and up!

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Watching the game last night I was thinking that ESR must be sitting watching how Saka is playing in the Euros enviously with one eye on the WC next year. He has a big decision to make which could define his career. I want it to happen but being only 20, I cannot see him being in a rush to leave and I expect him to either commit or wait another year and see how things pan out before reassessing.  Cannot see him being driven by money either at this stage of his career, nor would I want it to be and personally think it will come down to, What is his best route for a shot at Qatar 2022 WC Squad.

Totally get your point - but his agent will be in his ear about wages, because that is how they're paid.
And if he got a career ending injury tomorrow, that's his future earning screwed - and as much as that isn't likely, it must play some part.
And finally, there is a certain dissatisfaction will working with people earning more than you, when you think it isn't warranted. I suspect the Ozil situation (massive wages, and not playing) at Arsenal really hurt them, as it would likely have created some resentment in the squad. It's not about greed - it's the feeling that things are fair and equitable.

So yes; it won't be all about money. But if there is dissatisfaction in that area, it can really poison a persons mind about things.

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Should’ve been so much higher, the Rashica thread was robbed on true glory.

The fish and tits industry was robbed of a record year by the sheer audacity of the admins pulling the plug for no good reason. 

:trollface:

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No matter what happens we're going to get to watch the saga in 4K, Full HD, Dolby Surround Sound, please-inject-the-transfer-request-and-tears directly into my veins

Got to trust the process......................................

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No matter what happens we're going to get to watch the saga in 4K, Full HD, Dolby Surround Sound, please-inject-the-transfer-request-and-tears directly into my veins

Every little helps to pay the bills, I guess. The psychodrama of Arteta’s sacking will be amazing. 

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

south park stan GIF

• Haha 2

It might just be me seeing a dodgy angle of him when playing but does anyone else think that he looks to carry a bit of extra weight, aka McGinn. 

Some people just do I guess, just thought it interesting as I know McGinn has struggled at times fitness wise, ESR might be the same.