Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Watching the game last night I was thinking that ESR must be sitting watching how Saka is playing in the Euros enviously with one eye on the WC next year. He has a big decision to make which could define his career. I want it to happen but being only 20, I cannot see him being in a rush to leave and I expect him to either commit or wait another year and see how things pan out before reassessing.  Cannot see him being driven by money either at this stage of his career, nor would I want it to be and personally think it will come down to, What is his best route for a shot at Qatar 2022 WC Squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Watching the game last night I was thinking that ESR must be sitting watching how Saka is playing in the Euros enviously with one eye on the WC next year. He has a big decision to make which could define his career. I want it to happen but being only 20, I cannot see him being in a rush to leave and I expect him to either commit or wait another year and see how things pan out before reassessing.  Cannot see him being driven by money either at this stage of his career, nor would I want it to be and personally think it will come down to, What is his best route for a shot at Qatar 2022 WC Squad.

honestly, and im trying to be unbiased, if i were a young, developing, talented player Villa would be near the top of my list currently (if the player was told they would be in the first 11).

i wouldnt be surprised if ESR stayed at Arsenal, but also i wouldnt be surprised if he left, at Arsenal he wont be "one of the main guys", he will play sometimes and not others, if Villa said "come and play for us as a 10, you will play week in, week out if you perform", and "come and play with Grealish to your left, and Buendia to your right".

Add to that how we are developing internationals or players close to international squads (martinez, Konsa close, Cash close, Targett close, Mings, Luiz, Grealish, Buendia close, Watkins close etc), it shows we are a youg team on the up, and its time to get on the hype train!

Honestly, and maybe im being a little rose tinted glasses?, but from the outside Villa must look like an exciting prospect to most players?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What is his best route for a shot at Qatar 2022 WC Squad.

Southgate will spend more time next season down VP than at the Emirates. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Southgate will spend more time next season down VP than at the Emirates. 

Yeah. Scoping out all the great English talent he has absolutely no intention of playing when push comes to shove.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Yeah. Scoping out all the great English talent he has absolutely no intention of playing when push comes to shove.

Well there is that, but still….

What I really like about ESR is his short and medium pass success is at or near 90%. My complaint about Villa players, especially mids, since Gregory days is poor pass completion, sometimes sub 80%. Key factor with top teams is usually high pass completion rate

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honestly, and im trying to be unbiased, if i were a young, developing, talented player Villa would be near the top of my list currently (if the player was told they would be in the first 11).

i wouldnt be surprised if ESR stayed at Arsenal, but also i wouldnt be surprised if he left, at Arsenal he wont be "one of the main guys", he will play sometimes and not others, if Villa said "come and play for us as a 10, you will play week in, week out if you perform", and "come and play with Grealish to your left, and Buendia to your right".

Add to that how we are developing internationals or players close to international squads (martinez, Konsa close, Cash close, Targett close, Mings, Luiz, Grealish, Buendia close, Watkins close etc), it shows we are a youg team on the up, and its time to get on the hype train!

Honestly, and maybe im being a little rose tinted glasses?, but from the outside Villa must look like an exciting prospect to most players?

We have four players in the Copa America and Euros finals this weekend, and all four made their debut whilst at Villa, four! Have we ever had a player play in either of those finals, let alone four in the same weekend?

We're an exciting place to be right now and have shown we can develop talent on to the international stage.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what are their rumoured sales so far?

Torreira - 10-15m?

Xhaka - 15m?

Bellerin : 15- 20m?

so 50m there if they get the max they can?

They'll be able to spend say £50m though and amortize it over 4-5year contracts. They owe something stupid like £164m, another £40m with amortization isn't going to end them.

The big thing is the wages. Xhaka earns £5.2m, Bellerin £5.7m, Torreira £4m, Willian £7.2m, Maitland Niles £1.8m, Willock £1m, Elneny £2.6m.

A few of those would need to be replaced tbf but a lot of them had very little do with Arsenals season last year and that's nearly £28m of wages. (Allegedly) 

Throw in both of their forwards are the wrong side of 30 and not in the best of form, on a combined £22m between them. There's a lot to fix at Arsenal if they don't keep up the form from the back half of the season.

24 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

We have four players in the Copa America and Euros finals this weekend, and all four made their debut whilst at Villa, four! Have we ever had a player play in either of those finals, let alone four in the same weekend?

We're an exciting place to be right now and have shown we can develop talent on to the international stage.

maybe I am missing one but I think Didier Six,  Kent Nielsen, Schmeichel and Pires are the only Villa players to win either a World Cup or Euros and the last 2 joined 10 years after they won it