Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Just a reminder that Man Utd signed Wan-Bissaka for up to £50m after having really played only one full season.

That’s not to say £40m for this fella wouldn’t be a lot, just worth remembering the market.

• Like 1

Leicester paid £36.5m for Fofana after 20 games in Ligue 1.

If we can afford it, and the management team feel like he would make a real difference to this team, I don't see the problem if he costs £40m.

It's a position we need and it would certainly be better than spending £40m on Abraham at this point.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

At £40m Arsenal are getting the better end of the deal. That serious money for a young player with barely a season under his belt. 

Could end up a bargain long term even at £40m , he'll be worth a lot more in a few years.

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

At £40m Arsenal are getting the better end of the deal. That serious money for a young player with barely a season under his belt. 

So you are taking a risk, in a years or two time he could be worth 80m.  If Spurs had brought Jack for 25m, they'd now have a player worth 100m+.  It's a risk but the scouts evaluate the potential and thats what you pay for.  Based on what I've seen, anything below 40m would be a complete steal.  That doesnt mean he'll be a success but he looks like he has a great future and thus I'm not convinced Arsenal are getting the better deal at all.  The only thing Arsenal would be doing is a low risk strategy of taking the money now rather than risking he isnt a success in the future.  It's a fine risk adverse strategy if they go down that route and I hope they do because I think he's a talent and would flourish at Villa.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They'll bottle it.

No way they'll sell him.

I think they'll bottle the other way, I think they'll see the money and compare to a 20 year old kind with virtually no experience and take the money.  We know the owners dont care about about the fans and they have financial issues, this is a quick easy buck, which cost them nothing and now they are getting ~40m for.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think they'll bottle the other way, I think they'll see the money and compare to a 20 year old kind with virtually no experience and take the money.  We know the owners dont care about about the fans and they have financial issues, this is a quick easy buck, which cost them nothing and now they are getting ~40m for.

I'm worried for the mental state of most arsenal fans if we buy Smith Rowe and keep Grealish.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I'm worried for the mental state of most arsenal fans if we buy Smith Rowe and keep Grealish.

Anyone who refers to their stadium as “the carpet” deserves everything they get. Absolute cretins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They’ll make some kind of excuse of course like they’ve sold us a dud, overpaid or something stupid like they have a secret agreement to get Grealish in a years time “just wait and see”.  Some weird crap is bound to come out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So you are taking a risk, in a years or two time he could be worth 80m.  If Spurs had brought Jack for 25m, they'd now have a player worth 100m+.  It's a risk but the scouts evaluate the potential and thats what you pay for.  

More importantly they would have won more in the last 2 years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They’ll make some kind of excuse of course like they’ve sold us a dud, overpaid or something stupid like they have a secret agreement to get Grealish in a years time “just wait and see”.  Some weird crap is bound to come out.

They already did this with Buendia, after the shock of who the **** do Villa think they are, it reverted to Arteta must have assessed the player and have pulled out because he was not to their standards. 

I would give my 3rd knacker to sign ESR, finish top4 and Arsenal get relegated. 

I got away with the Josh King signing and wasn't looking forward to teabagging our man but if the above happens, I'll be on a flight to San Francisco quicker then you can say run villalad run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Leicester paid £36.5m for Fofana after 20 games in Ligue 1.

If we can afford it, and the management team feel like he would make a real difference to this team, I don't see the problem if he costs £40m.

It's a position we need and it would certainly be better than spending £40m on Abraham at this point.

Get Out Episode 3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I'd say if our Owners have 80 mill and are looking at both ESR and Tammy just go out and get them both.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

ESR would be a phenomenal signing, I just don't see it happening. Arsenal are a bit of a shambles at the moment as we know, but they do have a lot of players with healthy value. If they were really desperate to cut costs and raise some revenue I reckon they would sell any of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Xhaka (probably leaving), Willock, Nketiah before daring to sell either Saka or ESR, both of whom I think they see as the future of the club. 

Edu is not fantastic at his job but he's not a total fool either. He'll want players with less potential or higher higher wages off the books before the likes of Smith-Rowe. 

23 minutes ago, est1874 said:

ESR would be a phenomenal signing, I just don't see it happening. Arsenal are a bit of a shambles at the moment as we know, but they do have a lot of players with healthy value. If they were really desperate to cut costs and raise some revenue I reckon they would sell any of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Xhaka (probably leaving), Willock, Nketiah before daring to sell either Saka or ESR, both of whom I think they see as the future of the club. 

Edu is not fantastic at his job but he's not a total fool either. He'll want players with less potential or higher higher wages off the books before the likes of Smith-Rowe. 

I just hope they just wants more numbers on their books

Edited by osmark86