Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Saka is only on 33-40k a week

Not a chance ESR has gone from 15k to 100k.

No wonder we’ve peaked ESRs interest assuming Arsenal are offering 30-40k per week, I assume we’ve indicated much higher

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

No wonder we’ve peaked ESRs interest assuming Arsenal are offering 30-40k per week, I assume we’ve indicated much higher

We gave Watkins 70k coming up from the championship. I imagine we’d be offering 70-85k. Huge money for the lad to turn down. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes and no.

Whilst I think he will sign a new deal, this quote from Arteta today is an odd one..

"He's very much engaged and wants to continue with us, that's for sure. Emile has earned the right to look at that situation because of the performances that he has produced."

That to me translates as, ‘yes, he wants to stay here, but we won’t pay him what he wants’.

Honestly, and I can’t stress this enough, the Arsenal social media team and the fans will paint this as a win when he signs his new deal but I can assure you that the money men behind the scenes will be livid at this whole ordeal. They’re being forced into giving one of their youngsters a contract he probably doesn’t deserve, disrupting the wage structure even further and adding to their crippling wage bill and debt. What happens with Saka or Martinelli now? They’ll be banging down the door asking for their wages to be doubled. 

They’re in massive financial trouble if they have another terrible season. 

Exactly.

He's very much engaged and wants to continue with us, that's for sure. BUT Emile has earned the right to look at that VILLA situation because of the performances that he has produced."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We gave Watkins 70k coming up from the championship. I imagine we’d be offering 70-85k. Huge money for the lad to turn down. 

That’s my thinking too.  Double the money being offer at his boyhood club and a club on the up.  I still expect to stay at Arsenal but tempting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes and no.

Whilst I think he will sign a new deal, this quote from Arteta today is an odd one..

"He's very much engaged and wants to continue with us, that's for sure. Emile has earned the right to look at that situation because of the performances that he has produced."

That to me translates as, ‘yes, he wants to stay here, but we won’t pay him what he wants’.

Honestly, and I can’t stress this enough, the Arsenal social media team and the fans will paint this as a win when he signs his new deal but I can assure you that the money men behind the scenes will be livid at this whole ordeal. They’re being forced into giving one of their youngsters a contract he probably doesn’t deserve, disrupting the wage structure even further and adding to their crippling wage bill and debt. What happens with Saka or Martinelli now? They’ll be banging down the door asking for their wages to be doubled. 

They’re in massive financial trouble if they have another terrible season. 

I love that this may have been our strategy all along. Weaken a direct rival using the dark arts.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

Exactly.

He's very much engaged and wants to continue with us, that's for sure. BUT Emile has earned the right to look at that VILLA situation because of the performances that he has produced."

Had no clue this fella could be a target to replace Barkley, but our recruitment team is great so on that basis I hope he comes.

If he doesn’t and we end up with South America’s best no.10 I won’t be crying myself to sleep. 

Until ESR has signed a new deal I firmly believe we’re still in the hunt.

I’d like whoever our CAM is to be able to score from distance and have the ability to grab crucial goals for us. Even better if he can take a free kick.

I know Barkley didn’t work out in the end but even he won games for us, that goal against Leicester always stands out to me… 

spacer.png

Have no idea whether ESR has that in his arsenal (😆) but maybe if Jack takes that position he could have a crack now and again…

The more weapons or strings we have to our bow, the better…

Edited by Jas10

I think what we’ve shown with Jack and other players is that if they deserve it they get a new contract at the end of the season.

We’re not going to be offering him more than Watkins, more like £50k a week tops but with the certainty he plays and if he does well that could double in two years.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

It’s been said before no doubt but if ESR signs, either Jack is off or Jack moves central flanked by ESR and Beundia.

ESR will play central like he did at Arsenal, Jack will remain LW like he did last season.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

It’s been said before no doubt but if ESR signs, either Jack is off or Jack moves central flanked by ESR and Beundia.

I don't understand that when Jack is most dangerous on left and ESR plays central for Arsenal. I've read the same but don't believe it

• Like 1

Nick and Kiwi, just because Jack played LW last season and gets boxed in that position by Beaky doesn’t mean that’s where he wants to play. Jack’s England prospects go up a notch if he’s a direct rival to Mount.

Also we can’t stick a 20 year old kid as AM, it would be mad given we have both Jack and EMI II that can play there.

But on the LW position where he frequently operates (even though he’s not actually playing there)….i can really see that.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Nick and Kiwi, just because Jack played LW last season and gets boxed in that position by Beaky doesn’t mean that’s where he wants to play. Jack’s England prospects go up a notch if he’s a direct rival to Mount.

Also we can’t stick a 20 year old kid as AM, it would be mad given we have both Jack and EMI II that can play there.

But on the LW position where he frequently operates (even though he’s not actually playing there)….i can really see that.

Jack’s best position is LW, it gives him the freedom to do what he does in the most dangerous position.  Forget England I’m talking about Villa.  Jack’s best position is LW, that’s also where Dean likes to play him.  Even when we had a problem at CAM last season Dean still played Jack left wing, that’s isn’t going to change.

Added to that getting in ESR who played most of his games at CAM for Arsenal and where he has excelled and got noticed, he will play CAM for us.

This is not hard to figure out!