Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

52 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Hmmmmmm 

What’s interesting is exactly what our recruitment team see in ESR to offer significantly more for him, than the cost of an established player that Arsenal have long wanted to play in his position.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

What’s interesting is exactly what our recruitment team see in ESR to offer significantly more for him, than the cost of an established player that Arsenal have long wanted to play in his position.

We're talking about Arsenal here, the same club who let Martinez go for peanuts because they were blinded by the fact he came through their youth team and therefore couldn't possibly be better then Leno...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

What I’ve seen of ESR he’s worth every penny! If the player Arsenal are after is cheaper and better then fair dues to them but I’ll be delighted if we get ESR for less than 40m.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

We're talking about Arsenal here, the same club who let Martinez go for peanuts because they were blinded by the fact he came through their youth team and therefore couldn't possibly be better then Leno...

yeah, but the problem here is once bitten twice shy....

After we mugged them off over Emi, i would be surprised if they would even sell us one of their ticket clerks for 40m just in case we turned them in to a full international worth 80m!

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

What I’ve seen of ESR he’s worth every penny! If the player Arsenal are after is cheaper and better then fair dues to them but I’ll be delighted if we get ESR for less than 40m.

Yeah, my brothers a massive Arsenal fan so I watch them quite a bit and there upturn in form definitely coincided with him getting in the team as he really provided the link between midfield and attack!

15 hours ago, Awol said:

I think it's a combination of things. Naturally, both clubs must rate the potential of the player very highly to be talking about the sums mentioned, but that premium comes with a higher financial safety net than buying a player like Auoar. 

If we bought ESR for £35m, there are very few circumstances, outside of injuries, that his value will go down. The more likely scenario is that he continues his progression and his value continues on the upward trajectory. It's a high premium, but a relatively low-risk investment for the club.

Taking a player like Auoar could be a great success, but also could be a Sebastien Haller. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, but the problem here is once bitten twice shy....

After we mugged them off over Emi, i would be surprised if they would even sell us one of their ticket clerks for 40m just in case we turned them in to a full international worth 80m!

Like when they gave Özil that massive contract when he was on the decline and they then learned their lesson by not giving Aubameyang and Willian bumper contracts?

Oh, wait...

With the way Arsenal is run these days, I wouldn't put learning lessons from past mistakes as one of their strengths.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Just stump up the price to £40mill and I reckon Arsenal will sell, they need the money.

Would love it if he came, Grealish, ESR Buendia and Watkins would be a great forward line up

That's stupid money for a kid that's played half a season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Like when they gave Özil that massive contract when he was on the decline and they then learned their lesson by not giving Aubameyang and Willian bumper contracts?

Oh, wait...

With the way Arsenal is run these days, I wouldn't put learning lessons from past mistakes as one of their strengths.

Is Arsenal even run? Seems like they just let things float along to be honest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

To you yes but to the stats men this obviously makes sense… What he has shown so far in a small sample range of games must be pretty special … 

Edited by thabucks

17 hours ago, Steero113 said:

More like shitting themselves at their fanbases' reaction to selling him for £35m.

Hippo Shit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Glad to see that it's not just me that has a little pee left over after a nice big dump.

I may have been looking a bit too closely to that gif.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

At £40m Arsenal are getting the better end of the deal. That serious money for a young player with barely a season under his belt.