Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For this deal to go through, I feel we'll have to make a pretty mega offer unless ESR tries to force a move which I can't see happening. 

There has to be a point where ESR has to either sign a contract or push for a move. 

• Thanks 1

From what I gather reading their fans comment he’s on holiday just now, and they expect ESR to sign a new deal when he returns for pre-season.

Assuming we keep going back and raising the bid in increments of £5m, it should be around 40m on the table when he’s due back. If he doesn’t like their offer then Arsenal’s temptation to take our money might be quite high. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

From what I gather reading their fans comment he’s on holiday just now, and they expect ESR to sign a new deal when he returns for pre-season.

Assuming we keep going back and raising the bid in increments of £5m, it should be around 40m on the table when he’s due back. If he doesn’t like their offer then Arsenal’s temptation to take our money might be quite high. 

If he’s gone on holiday to Brazil then agent Emi will soon snap him up. 

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think 30m for a kid with half a decent season in a good side is respectable.

Not only is it respectable but would be our second highest purchase at that price

• Like 1

The numpties over at AFTV conclude a few things:

• A 2nd ESR bid is starting to turn their heads a bit and realize we aren't taking the piss
  • They think anything less than 50-60 million will be rejected - 🤣
  • Finally starting to wake up to the fact that "Villa are starting to act like a big club"
  • "When was the last time 'we' stepped to another top club like Villa has and started bidding for one of their top players?"
  • But...  It only means Grealish is 100% off and Villa fans should shut up and not banter with them...  🤣

Edited by KMitch
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The numpties over at AFTV conclude a few things:

• A 2nd ESR bid is starting to turn their heads a bit and realize we aren't taking the piss
  • They think anything less than 50-60 million will be rejected - 🤣
  • Finally starting to wake up to the fact that "Villa are starting to act like a big club"
  • "When was the last time 'we' stepped to another top club like Villa has and started bidding for one of their top players?"
  • But...  It only means Grealish is 100% off and Villa fans should shut up and not banter with them...  🤣

I actually quite enjoyed that. 

The thing with potential signings is that they're only great for value if no one else recognizes their potential. Arsenal clearly do and don't want to sell and there doesn't seem to be that much interest from Smith-Rowe himself. If we get him, it probably won't be a value signing both in terms of the transfer fee and wages.

Our pursuit of him is quite bizarre considering our previous dealings in the transfer market. Someone in the staff must really rate him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

The natives are restless.

(From Arsenal Mania)

Starting to get really annoyed with this ****. Commit to the club or piss off but don't play these games with the club you pretend to love.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually quite enjoyed that. 

It’s a decent production to be fair, and much more level headed than their match reaction stuff. 

If we did manage to sign Smith-Rowe and keep Grealish… then I’ll tune in again to witness the meltdown. 

13 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see why we would've bid twice for Smith Rowe if we thought we had no chance of signing him.

There could be real interest and it does appear to be the case …. But we have seen this tactic before where we are trying to turn the screw on our first choice by bidding elsewhere to force the move…

The bids seem to be fully legit though so I have to think this is someone we genuinely want and feel we have a strong chance of getting. Slot him into our front 4 and we could have one hell of an attacking threat .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

Still say we should just offer them the money we are reported to want to spend on Tammy… 

Different players but maybe that’s the plan in one..40m is our ceiling for ESR and the arse can see we have it for another youngish player of similar prem experience.. 🤔

Edited by Cosmik Debris