Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

They just cannot allow this to happen.

If we force arsenal into paying this lad £150k a week because that's what he wants, that's a win. And they'll do it ahead of selling him to us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

If we force arsenal into paying this lad £150k a week because that's what he wants, that's a win. And they'll do it ahead of selling him to us.

He's allegedly on 15k a week and Arsenal article a while back said he'd be bumped up to Saka wages of around 40k. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was on 7k before new deal

That's still pretty shit in this day and age. He can cover multiple positions and is probably in their top 3 players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

That's still pretty shit in this day and age. He can cover multiple positions and is probably in their top 3 players. 

He’ll be after a new deal next season too.

After we bid £40m for him 😂😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Was given professional contract aged 17 in 2019. Pretty standard youth wages for Arsenal by looks of it

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's allegedly on 15k a week and Arsenal article a while back said he'd be bumped up to Saka wages of around 40k. 

I can believe this of ESR but wild they haven’t bumped Saka to double that at least. We should buy him as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's pay back for the way Arsenal stole  Daniel Crowley and then messed up his career. 

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's pay back for the way Arsenal stole  Daniel Crowley and then messed up his career. 

There was talk of him actually being more gifted than Jack. I saw him play a few times and he looked mint. 

Saka and Jack have a very good connection on the pitch.

• Like 1

If the figures given are right, it appears that Arsenal give huge wages to attract big name established players but don’t value their own academy players. Their own academy players are in effect subsidising their recruitment of  big names. I’d like to think that we value players that we’ve developed above mercenaries.

They’re trying to keep ESR on the cheap and the kid may be having doubts or he would have already signed his new contract. A contract  which has been ready for him to sign “any day now”, for weeks

Emi 3 needs to recognise this and come to the land of claret and blue milk and honey. Things come in threes they say. 

I think this one is dead in the water. Arsenal won’t sell even if Smith-Rowe refuses to sign a contract this summer. He still has 2 years left on his deal so it’s not critical. And they definitely won’t sell to a rival regardless. Arsenal are bad at negotiating a contract but ultimately they know Smith-Rowe is the future of the club and it’s likely he’ll be there leading the line for a few years yet. 

Just a thought, but Arsenal might be playing hardball with ESR because they have a lad coming through called Charlie Patino, who by all accounts is potentially a special, special, talent. Charlie can play anywhere in midfield, from a deeper role right through to a 10, and he was given his first professional contract last season. I know Charlie's uncle who sends us all the reports etc. Not saying Arsenal want to let ESR go, but they might be hardballing him over the contract because there is another talent coming through.

7 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think this one is dead in the water. Arsenal won’t sell even if Smith-Rowe refuses to sign a contract this summer. He still has 2 years left on his deal so it’s not critical. And they definitely won’t sell to a rival regardless. Arsenal are bad at negotiating a contract but ultimately they know Smith-Rowe is the future of the club and it’s likely he’ll be there leading the line for a few years yet. 

I've always imagined that they are similar to this

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Just a thought, but Arsenal might be playing hardball with ESR because they have a lad coming through called Charlie Patino, who by all accounts is potentially a special, special, talent. Charlie can play anywhere in midfield, from a deeper role right through to a 10, and he was given his first professional contract last season. I know Charlie's uncle who sends us all the reports etc. Not saying Arsenal want to let ESR go, but they might be hardballing him over the contract because there is another talent coming through.

Great we’ll buy ESR now and the other lad in a year or two. In all seriousness that could give us an edge. Potential is sometimes but not always fulfilled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

You just feel that we're toying with them for shits and giggles.

Imagine if this were to happen. Saka and other would be kicking down the door for the same or more. They might need to spend their transfer budget on paying their current players just to stay. 

Maybe move on to Everton or West Ham next? (We don't need to focus on Spurs; they're **** themselves up without our help)

Love the idea that the top brass at the club sat down and decided that Arsenal are the weak little gazelle hanging off the edge of the 'big 6' herd and can be picked off this summer. Next season it will be Spurs and so on and so fourth...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

No you give them far too much credit, they are playing hardball so there is enough room in the wage bill to sign Boateng or Diego Costa on £300k