Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

40 minutes ago, brommy said:

Two merely alleged bids from little old Aston Villa and some Arsenal fans roll over and want him gone. That was quick! Attempting to save face when probably unnecessary. I assume they’ll flip-flop again when ESR signs a bumper 5 year deal at Arsenal and proclaim he’s worth every penny.

They will 100% do this. Villa fans are known as fickle, these guys are FICKLE.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Younger, English, and they don't want to sell.

A bit hypocritical of us to not understand their reasoning.

Given our own stance?

On what? Grealish is already a world class player. If he stayed fit all season people would be saying he's the best player in the prem. Maybe the best in the world. Smith-Rowe has potential and is already decent but he isn't Jack. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

On what? Grealish is already a world class player. If he stayed fit all season people would be saying he's the best player in the prem. Maybe the best in the world. Smith-Rowe has potential and is already decent but he isn't Jack. 

Why should Arsenal care what you, I or anyone else thinks? Similar to us.

Even on AFTV, they admitted that his actual value is about 30 million, but they shouldn't accept anything less than 50 - 60 mill, in their opinion.

What you're attempting to argue, makes no sense,

Arsenal should let their young player go, which Aston Villa obviously see huge potential in ( to possibly get to Grealish level as you say ) at a price we think is fair,. because Grealish is World Class, and he is not? lol

But scoff at some people feeling Jack isn't worth 100 million? Newsflash, 99 percent of these players aren't actually worth the values they are being bought and sold for, it's what they are worth to the club.

Pretty sure you already know this, there shouldn't even be an argument about it. Now we arrogantly want to dictate what another clubs player is worth? lol

If only negotiations and transfers were that easy.

EDIT: And sorry , Jack Grealish isn't the " best player in the world " come off it ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

EDIT: And sorry , Jack Grealish isn't the " best player in the world " come off it ffs.

No, but he is world class by *most* definitions? 

Why does Emile Smith-Rowe have to be as good as Jack Grealish in any case? Is this the bar we are setting for new signings now? Seems a bit of a reach, to me. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No, but he is world class by *most* definitions? 

Why does Emile Smith-Rowe have to be as good as Jack Grealish in any case? Is this the bar we are setting for new signings now? Seems a bit of a reach, to me. 

You've pulled an excerpt from my post and responded to it as if there is no context to it - as if I just randomly made a statement?

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've pulled an excerpt from my post and responded to it as if there is no context to it - as if I just randomly made a statement?

I was making a general point pertaining to the wider debate, rather than you personally. 

• Like 1

😆

Interesting how dif sources rush to do mock-up Photoshops of Grealish in dif kits (Soccer AM put him in a Citeh shirt) and encourage a move away, but won’t do the same when it’s the other way round (so fans do it instead 😆) or a player from a shitty 6 club is targeted. Hypocrites.

So many comments/tweets on how a move for Jack would be good but Arsenal mustn’t sell Smith-Rowe and build the side around him.

Utter shitbags, can’t wait for us to shove it all down their throats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

The comments are hilarious, can’t believe how wound up and defensive they are,  some laughing at and asking if we are their biggest rivals now , they should realise that we are , it’s their best of the rest spot we are after 

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why should Arsenal care what you, I or anyone else thinks? Similar to us.

Even on AFTV, they admitted that his actual value is about 30 million, but they shouldn't accept anything less than 50 - 60 mill, in their opinion.

What you're attempting to argue, makes no sense,

Arsenal should let their young player go, which Aston Villa obviously see huge potential in ( to possibly get to Grealish level as you say ) at a price we think is fair,. because Grealish is World Class, and he is not? lol

But scoff at some people feeling Jack isn't worth 100 million? Newsflash, 99 percent of these players aren't actually worth the values they are being bought and sold for, it's what they are worth to the club.

Pretty sure you already know this, there shouldn't even be an argument about it. Now we arrogantly want to dictate what another clubs player is worth? lol

If only negotiations and transfers were that easy.

Well no Messi is. But Messi isn't going to be the best player in the world for much longer. And best player in the best league does go a long way to earning that title. Especially given how productive he has been for England whilst delivering performances that are below par for his standards. 

And it isn't about arsenal caring about our opinion. They know he isn't Jack everyone in their squad has a price. Apparently for Smith-Rowe it is just over double our initial offer. So like 50-60 million. And maybe less depending on how well we negotiate and what players they bring in. And how his contract saga ends. Conversely Jack is priceless to us, to the fans and to the club.

Given our interest in Smith-Rowe, and I presume we'd love to have Saka - might it be worth just putting in a bid for Arsenal as a whole? Then we could just sell off the assets, and wind it down or keep it as a feeder club.

cant hear you premier league GIF by Arsenal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Given our interest in Smith-Rowe, and I presume we'd love to have Saka - might it be worth just putting in a bid for Arsenal as a whole? Then we could just sell off the assets, and wind it down or keep it as a feeder club.

cant hear you premier league GIF by Arsenal 

Now this is progress...  Last season we were joking about buying out Brentford and using them as our feeder club.  This season it's Arsenal!

• Like 1