Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think I would if i'm honest.

Obviously a VERY good player, and made for the now.

However i feel the ceiling vs value vs age would be better done with ESR.

Thats me going off of reviews i've seen oh him though, nothing more.

I see that      
Jennifer Aniston Reaction GIF

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Is in any good? Legit only seen him in one game for Arsenal and he didn't do much. 

Just get the feeling this rumour all started to get the kid a new contract at Arsenal. 

From what I saw of them Arsenal's change from being shit and in free fall to being decentish and rising back up the table a bit coincided with him getting a run of games

They also seemed to change their team around a little to put him in, saka played more on the right and balanced them 

So it wasn't necessarily him being brilliant but they were a better team with him in it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From what I saw of them Arsenal's change from being shit and in free fall to being decentish and rising back up the table a bit coincided with him getting a run of games

They also seemed to change their team around a little to put him in, saka played more on the right and balanced them 

So it wasn't necessarily him being brilliant but they were a better team with him in it 

I think we will improve as a team if we manage to sign him.

I just worry this could drag on and on if we don't up our bid.

Ask them what they want for him.. If it's a decent fee, get it done.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I know it would have been difficult but I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t sort another major signing whilst the whole management fiasco was going on.

The whole management fiasco has ended with Everton getting something like their third choice and Spurs getting about their sixth choice. Ironically I think Nuno would have possibly suited Everton better and I don’t think Benítez suits either of them. Both teams have spent a lot of money in the recent past and will have had to promise more to their new boy. I’m not sure either of them are awash with dosh but Spurs are really under the financial cosh. Their spending could be Harry Kane shaped, which if true you’d think is with the reluctant blessing of Nuno. All a bit of a mess really. Shame. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The whole management fiasco has ended with Everton getting something like their third choice and Spurs getting about their sixth choice. Ironically I think Nuno would have possibly suited Everton better and I don’t think Benítez suits either of them. Both teams have spent a lot of money in the recent past and will have had to promise more to their new boy. I’m not sure either of them are awash with dosh but Spurs are really under the financial cosh. Their spending could be Harry Kane shaped, which if true you’d think is with the reluctant blessing of Nuno. All a bit of a mess really. Shame. 

I can’t believe Everton have “done a McLeish”. Fan unrest and protests will be going on for a while, could be a disruptive and difficult season.

Mind you, the “interim manager” didn’t do too badly at Chelsea despite the complaints…

Expect Spurs to become Portugal FC II if Kane is sold and Nuno & Mendes get their way…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Expect Spurs to become Portugal FC II if Kane is sold and Nuno & Mendes get their way…

That’ll be the deal, it’s got Levy written all over it, he’s a sucker for a deal on the cheap. That may well be the only type of deal they can afford right now anyway. 

He's not as good as Jack obviously but plays in the same mould...drifts into space effortlessly around the front 3, good close control and dribbling and starting to increase his goal output.

I rate him and would be more excited signing him than Buendia tbh. Still think we've got a good chance of getting him aswell.

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The whole management fiasco has ended with Everton getting something like their third choice and Spurs getting about their sixth choice. Ironically I think Nuno would have possibly suited Everton better and I don’t think Benítez suits either of them

Exactly my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's not as good as Jack obviously but plays in the same mould...drifts into space effortlessly around the front 3, good close control and dribbling and starting to increase his goal output.

I rate him and would be more excited signing him than Buendia tbh. Still think we've got a good chance of getting him aswell.

Steve Harvey What GIF

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think we will improve as a team if we manage to sign him.

I just worry this could drag on and on if we don't up our bid.

Ask them what they want for him.. If it's a decent fee, get it done.

There is a risk of it dragging on I agree. However there will be a point where we will call their bluff and walk away. If that forces their hand then great, if not then we will have other targets. Our recruitment team appear to operate in a very professional and switched on way. I do not think that they’ll get messed around easily. As you’ve pointed out, when WB messed us around last year we reached a point where we said, no enough is enough. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Thanks 1

Just think ESR has more long term potential tbh. Don't get me wrong Buendia's a good player but I don't see him being the gamechanger who can lift us to top 6 tbh. Probably dosen't helpe we've been stung in the past by signing good players from relegated clubs, Alan Thompson, Sasa Curcic, N'zogbia etc. All hailed as missing links for what we needed at the time but we quickly saw they weren't going to be.

Was a few seasons back Traore was ripping up the europa league for Ajax and we saw his ups and downs last season so that's why I'm not getting carried away with Buendia on his own. If we add Smith Rowe to creative mix then we will be incredibly exciting to watch as a very technically gifted and interchangeable 3 behind Ollie then.

Carew was our biggest signing since Collymore imo given he wasn't washed up when we got him (unlike Pires, Ginola, Schmeichel who are biggest names we've signed in last 20 years based on their reputations in the game). Was going to add John Terry to that list but would've been unfair as he did play well for us for the season, difficult to judge though as we weren't premier league then.

Darren Bent would also be close to top, just frustrating he was right signing, wrong time.

• Like 2

Carew, Bent, and Terry were big name signings but they weren't players wanted by other top clubs... Whereas Smith Rowe was seen as Arsenal's saviour last season, and someone they will be desperate to hang on to, and if he does become available can be sure that other teams will be interested as well as us. I don't think we will sign him but if we did it would be a bigger statement than anyone else we've signed in a long time.

Edited by useless

If ESR comes here and has a very good season, we’d have an exciting, English 21yr old on our books. 

How much is one of those worth? 

If we’ve scouted him, and we’re really confident of his ability and his potential then I see no reason why we shouldn’t up our bid to the £45-50m. I know those sort of sums are alien to us at the moment but when you look at the amount of money teams like Everton, Arsenal and Spurs will be spending on players this Summer, we need to be competing in this bracket. 

Yes it’s a gamble, every player is, but it’s less of a gamble than spending 50-60m on a player from a different league where there is a concern they might struggle to settle or adapt. 

I’d genuinely be happy going into the season signing just ESR and a defensive midfielder. 

We need quality over quantity. We’re not in Europe so we don’t need a massive squad…yet. 

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If ESR comes here and has a very good season, we’d have an exciting, English 21yr old on our books. 

How much is one of those worth? 

If we’ve scouted him, and we’re really confident of his ability and his potential then I see no reason why we shouldn’t up our bid to the £45-50m. I know those sort of sums are alien to us at the moment but when you look at the amount of money teams like Everton, Arsenal and Spurs will be spending on players this Summer, we need to be competing in this bracket. 

Yes it’s a gamble, every player is, but it’s less of a gamble than spending 50-60m on a player from a different league where there is a concern they might struggle to settle or adapt. 

I’d genuinely be happy going into the season signing just ESR and a defensive midfielder. 

We need quality over quantity. We’re not in Europe so we don’t need a massive squad…yet. 

I agree with every single thing in this post. You win this - 🏆