Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Greg Evans had a good piece in The Athletic about the very professional way we recruit academy players, including making sure the recruiter knows the names of all family members and presenting a thorough report on how the club specifically see them developing in the academy.  Presume the same would be done for first team targets. Perhaps Purslow and Lange blew away ESR with a PowerPoint.

Word on how we’re operating seems to be spreading through the UK football world, at the very least. The quiet work on the youth setup has been most impressive: I can only imagine how special they treat first-team targets: first impressions and all that…

• Like 1

I like how we thought an extra £5m would change things :lol:

My opinions on this haven't changed. Obviously we've had some kind of word from his agent but like I said it will all just result in ESR getting a nice new big contract from Arsenal. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see why we would've bid twice for Smith Rowe if we thought we had no chance of signing him.

yeah I'm still not sure what we're doing in terms of bidding for him -- especially at 25 & then 30 mil when they would likely want way more. At first I thought it was agent posturing but there's too much smoke for there not to be fire in this one/ 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Greg Evans had a good piece in The Athletic about the very professional way we recruit academy players, including making sure the recruiter knows the names of all family members and presenting a thorough report on how the club specifically see them developing in the academy.  Presume the same would be done for first team targets. Perhaps Purslow and Lange blew away ESR with a PowerPoint.

The smile is all that was needed <<

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Seems so strange!  

The only thing I could think of is that it keeps pressure on Arsenal by keeping our interest in the open.  I’m not convinced of this though because I didn’t think it helped our end game,

I did think maybe it’s 30m plus loads of add ons and while not reported it was 5m initial fee increase…plus add ons difference (maybe 5m) so could be 10m difference but Arsenal journalists wouldn’t report the add ons.

Weird though!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Building pressure. The player gets to see we are serious by continually going back in for him, instead of bidding our final offer up front, getting rejected and that being the end of the story. 

More than few Arsenal fans on their socials now questioning what ESR is really worth and whether 30-35m is actually a good price for an inexperienced 20 yr old. I’ll bet their board is having the same thought process.

By the time it gets to 40m (if it does) many will likely agree that’s a fair price and the board can sanction a sale without getting the stadium burnt down. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farlz said:

For example…

We bid £25m. Arsenal say we want £35m and it’s a deal.  We then bid £30m and say let’s meet in the middle.  Both sides eventually agree £32m.

or…

We bid £25m. Arsenal say they want £40m. We then bid £30m plus £10m add-ons. Journalist reports the base figure of £30m.

Could be a whole range of figures and negotiations behind the scenes, we are just hearing some raw figures that don’t tell the whole story.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

For example…

We bid £25m. Arsenal say we want £35m and it’s a deal.  We then bid £30m and say let’s meet in the middle.  Both sides eventually agree £32m.

or…

We bid £25m. Arsenal say they want £40m. We then bid £30m plus £10m add-ons. Journalist reports the base figure of £30m.

Could be a whole range of figures and negotiations behind the scenes, we are just hearing some raw figures that don’t tell the whole story.

This...  I'm going to imagine that we won't hear that a 3rd bid has been accepted until he's close to being announced by the club, then Percy will leak the story and all Hell will break loose.  

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This...  I'm going to imagine that we won't hear that a 3rd bid has been accepted until he's close to being announced by the club, then Percy will leak the story and all Hell will break loose.  

794AA160-829B-40BC-A301-1FDCCA246839.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just been looking into a Smith-Rowe’s agents and he is by far the biggest player they currently manage - the other two being somewhat unknown 20yo… 
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-wise/beraterfirma/berater/7147

They are relatively new to the game and for a young player coming through I guess they would be an exciting option to sign up with. Be interesting for us to work with them as a club also. https://false9.com/about/

Do they need a cash injection with Smith Rowe being their only top player one wonders ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Just been looking into a Smith-Rowe’s agents and he is by far the biggest player they currently manage - the other two being somewhat unknown 20yo… 
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-wise/beraterfirma/berater/7147

They are relatively new to the game and for a young player coming through I guess they would be an exciting option to sign up with. Be interesting for us to work with them as a club also. https://false9.com/about/

Do they need a cash injection with Smith Rowe being their only top player one wonders ? 

The agent is in a win win here. negotiate either a bumper new contract or multi million pound transfer and he’ll attract more clients.

Either that or ESR will dump him for a more established agent.