Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He hasn't chosen us over Arsenal. The Arsenal bid got rejected because it didn't meet the valuation.

Apparently Arsenal like to pay transfer fees off over several years to selling club which was stumbling block

Have allowed myself to quietly hope we'd pull this off because of how much it would mug off frankly weird Arsenal fans on the internet, while still not being confident it would actually transpire.

Phenomenal work that it seems to though. When Jack was out the one game we looked just as good without him was when Barkley actually found some form, the fact that we've gotten a seemingly more reliable - and dare I say without jinxing it definitely better - replacement for him fills me with a lot more confidence. Smith said himself that he'd identified this area as one of concern and the fact we've moved this swiftly to address it just shows how much Villa aren't **** about right now. It's the kind of signing that represents more than the player himself does, loving supporting Villa at the moment and I'm just happy that I'm able to say that after all these years.❤️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I literally can't believe how many of them on there actually WANT him to go TO Arsenal. 

1) it's like the ESL thing never happened.  How can anyone want those teams to be stronger? 

2) it's like they've not been seeing what's going on at Arsenal. Keep referring to them at top 6.  Conversely they've obviously not been paying any attention to us, keep referring to us as relegation fodder. 

3) it's literally unbelievable how many think we're actually no bigger then them. I mean we're so far apart you would need a telescope. Even in our lowest points in the last 50 years they've generally been behind us, and when we've been having even an average time of it we've been light years ahead of them.  Everything about us is bigger than them, in any way you want to analyse it.  It's like The Bluescum pretending to be as big as us. 

4) I can't get over how much they hate us.  What the **** have we ever done to them.  Annoyed about Lambert maybe or a couple of irrevant players, but it's worse than reading what West Brom think of us.  It's actually quite comical. 

Bless. 

Maya Rudolph Yes GIF by NETFLIX

It's like @Mantis said earlier, it's just because we usually end up beating them comfortably. Hopefully we get a nice clean 6 points off them next season too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Oh great, tell the club one time why don't ya😄

I can tell you Chris does. Very often. Has tried to get on the scouting team. They aren't interested. I've know Chris since 2006, he's always been fascinated by scouting, and we used to have season tickets together for years in the Holte.

• Like 3

I did think the only way we could have signed him is if we are offered Norwich a better deal. We are financially in a better position than Arsenal. However if bids were accepted for both clubs he probably would have chosen Arsenal. But it sounds like he is more than happy to join Aston Villa so **** them!

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

haha, no one listens to me at Villa mate, tried few times in emails over the years. I haven't bothered sending anymore since my Bellingham email suggestion to them. Oh well :)

I know the feeling mate I wrote a letter to Big Ron when I was a kid recommending he sign Rashidi Yekini after watching him score at USA 94. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reading more on Pinkun it's finally dawned on some of them that Buendia, Grealish and Watkins might be a decent combination. 

I mean how do they think teams get better and crack the top 6? 

It's really dawned on me how little fans of other teams know about our project. 

He really is their Grealish.  They've all utterly convinced he's ready for a Champions League team now. Been described as the best player they've ever had play for them, bearing in mind Maddison was there that's sure encouraging. 

I understand how they feel, it would have been like us seeing Grealish going to Spurs a couple of years ago. But the total disrespect of us is quite shocking. 

I've never really had any thoughts about or beef with Norwich but I hope they are relegated as the worst team ever and this is entirely down to the tirade against us on Pinkun. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

I know the feeling mate I wrote a letter to Big Ron when I was a kid recommending he sign Rashidi Yekini after watching him score at USA 94. 

I wrote a letter to Sir Doug Ellis about  Juninho  after watching Brazil vs Sweden at Villa Park in Umbro Cup (1995) mate. Heard nothing back :D

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I can tell you Chris does. Very often. Has tried to get on the scouting team. They aren't interested. I've know Chris since 2006, he's always been fascinated by scouting, and we used to have season tickets together for years in the Holte.

I know mate, I was having a little joke, he 100% knows his stuff and they could have done with reading that scout on Buendia back then considering what his value at the time would have been. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Reading more on Pinkun it's finally dawned on some of them that Buendia, Grealish and Watkins might be a decent combination. 

I mean how do they think teams get better and crack the top 6? 

It's really dawned on me how little fans of other teams know about our project. 

He really is their Grealish.  They've all utterly convinced he's ready for a Champions League team now. Been described as the best player they've ever had play for them, bearing in mind Maddison was there that's sure encouraging. 

I understand how they feel, it would have been like us seeing Grealish going to Spurs a couple of years ago. But the total disrespect of us is quite shocking. 

I've never really had any thoughts about of beef with Norwich but I hope they are relegated as the worst team ever and this is entirely down to the tirade against us on Pinkun. 

To be fair we were both in the championship only 2 seasons ago. So you can understand their disappointment. 

• Like 1

My Norwich supporting mate thinks we’ve got a bargain. To be honest, considering West Ham paid something like £50m+ to bring in Bowen and Benrahma he’s probably right.

This is the signing I really wanted this summer. Now on to a LB and, hopefully, a DM.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I did similar in '97 as a 12 year old. I wrote to Brian Little and recommended Christian Vieri. I got a thank you letter back, signed by Brian. A few months later, in the summer window, we were linked with him in the News of the World and I went mental. He either moved to or from Atletico Madrid though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I didn't respond because his formatting is super weird. But on general you can't compare jack of the past to this current jack. He's much much better. So you can only compare stats from the past 2 years. And he averages more assists per game from the centre. Yes he has fewer goals but that is becuase as I have said he is a very streaky player in terms of goals. 

And the vast majority of the website agrees with me as about 65% voted for him to be CAM in the poll I posted on the website. 

This poll is your evidence.  

A massive, gut busting 86 people voted and where 27 said they don’t care.  

Talk about scrapping the barrel mate...your sample size is less than the amount of men in the toilet block I take a pee in a half time in the Holte End.  We have polls in there as well about the game so far that are just as meaningless and insufficient sample size.

You have to stop embarrassing yourself.  

Enjoy the signing of Buendia!

45EF8708-EF7F-4B9F-A9AE-27D3E12E0DE7.jpeg

Â