Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Give up, you liked stats before, then got corrected, now you don’t like stats in first paragraph apparently, then second paragraph use new stats you’ve found/created yourself...

Jacks position is likely to remain left wing and I think that’s his best position.

I said I don't care for Goal and Assists stats in regards to the type of player grealish is because of how and when those goals and assists come. He scores and assists in streaks. Which is why last season he scored 5 in games or something then didn't score the rest of the year.

It's a lot harder to find the more in depth stats for individual positions. And I don't know where to find it. I can find team data for those games though and the team is more successful playing a higher standard of opponent in the games jack plays as an attacking midfielder. 

My lad came back from the Village Hall after his football match this afternoon saying this was a done deal I’m so excited. Can this go wrong anybody? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Haven't seen a whole lot of him to be honest, but I constantly hear nothing but rave reviews. Regarding choosing us over Arsenal, I don't think it's such a surprise. Arsenal look like they are stuck in limbo right now and arguably Villa are a more exciting prospect for him in my opinion. 

Still, exciting to see how he does. 

He is comfortable on the ball, Like Jack......He keeps it like Jack.

We haven't got too many of them.....but its getting better.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

My lad came back from the Village Hall after his football match this afternoon saying this was a done deal I’m so excited. Can this go wrong anybody? 

Every reliable journo says deal is done or 99% done. Could be announced tomorrow.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Only if Arsenal come in and meet the asking price (very possible) and Buendia has a big change of heart at the last minute (probably less likely, particularly if Martinez had any part in swaying him, as we all assume he probably did).

Never say never though.

ITSOTP - In the shirt on the pitch - as we used to say! 

• Like 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Regarding Grealish I honestly don't see him going anywhere unless an insane offer is made or is an a stunning Euro (which is possible). Deals like this would still make him question a move. 

He won't go anywhere this season - Jack is 25 years old compared to Kane who is 27 entering his prime.  If we do worse than 11th in 21/22 season than yes i can see him moving on.

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yes! 😀 For a lot of last summer Emi Buendía was the player I most wanted us to sign (till the Watkins link came along. I admit I knew little about Martinez and Cash) so I felt really disappointed when we didn't end up getting him. So... it's second time lucky. I'm delighted with this signing! : >

I too think he will be a huge addition to us....very,very pleased, with this business.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

You can just imagine him asking Buendia if he's seriously interested in joining Arsenal and when he asks him why Martinez tells him how shite they are and that the best thing he ever did was join Villa. Then he tells him Villa want him and that he should start the South American revolution down at B6 😊

This, if there are toxic dressing rooms/clubs out there, Arsenal is one of them.

Emi would have explained the difference in his own well being at being in a solid, progressive, happy atmosphere, where all team mates and coaches fight for the same thing, there is honor in that, something I would imagine is important to both of them and not just about money.

I would imagine is was a very, very easy decision for Emi Buendia.

• Like 1

Buendía is much more than just a classic RW – he comes inside as a playmaker all the time, and he can take corners from both sides. A very aggressive defender, he covers a huge amount of ground overall. 

In 2019-20, Buendía's passing really blossomed – he managed to make what would normally be high risk/reward passes without sacrificing ball retention too much. Then season, he started to get into the box and shoot more often:

Just now, TRO said:

I just hope, we don't get too distracted, by what Arsenal do or don't do.....Lets be gracious in triumph.

We are Aston Villa.....we don't need to embroil ourselves in juvenile point scoring.

We have our business to do and we should go about it in a professional and dignified way......and we do.....lets just be bothered with that.

My simple words to a Gooner is......we haven't finished yet, that was just the start.

👏 

• Thanks 1

Â