Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not convinced.  I’m not sure we have brought him to put him out there although Smith likes reversed wingers.  I think he may go in the 8 position.  Either way having both Jack and Emi in the team will be quality.

My guess is the 3 swap positions during the game, Jack, Buendia and Traore. Just think about the amount of space Traore is going to get with defences having to deal with Buendia and Jack. I see Traore pushing up to join Watkins more ala Salah does and get more goals while Jack and Buendia pull the strings. 

Buendia set piece and penalty taker now El Ghazi is obviously benched. Just need that Sander Berge signing to finish the midfield. Tammy and Axel back wouldn't be bad either

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Do they really think Norwich to Villa is a sideways step? They've no idea what we're doing at the moment so they 🤣

who cares...The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To be honest I don't care what the stats (in terms of goals and assists to clarify) say in regard to Grealish's position. Because of the type of player he is goals and assists come in streaks and not regularly over the course of the season. He has been unlucky to not have loads of assists from cam this and a number of goals. 

The eye test says he gets the ball more when he plays cam. And our results pick up. In the games he has started as Cam this season (7) we have 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. In the games as a LW (18) we have 9 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses. That's 2 points per game compares to 1.66. Also the loss came against the team that finished 2nd, a draw and a victory over the team that finished 3rd and a victory over the team that finished 6th as a CAM. We have great results when he plays as a CAM. 

In my opi ion we as a team play better when he gets the ball more and he gets the ball more as a CAM. He may not he making the final pass as a CAM as much but he is creating as many chances by drawing defenders away. 

Give up, you liked stats before, then got corrected, now you don’t like stats in first paragraph apparently, then second paragraph use new stats you’ve found/created yourself...

Jacks position is likely to remain left wing and I think that’s his best position.

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As if I didn't love Martinez enough. There is no question in my mind that he was crucial in this deal. 

You can just imagine him asking Buendia if he's seriously interested in joining Arsenal and when he asks him why Martinez tells him how shite they are and that the best thing he ever did was join Villa. Then he tells him Villa want him and that he should start the South American revolution down at B6 😊

• Like 2

I don't care that Arsenal and Norwich hate us for signing Buendia.

I'm just so proud the club have signed an absolute baller. In my opinion we don't get to sign players like this unless we're a club on the rise. So excited about the new season.

• Like 2

Haven't seen a whole lot of him to be honest, but I constantly hear nothing but rave reviews. Regarding choosing us over Arsenal, I don't think it's such a surprise. Arsenal look like they are stuck in limbo right now and arguably Villa are a more exciting prospect for him in my opinion. 

Still, exciting to see how he does. 

To have a player like Jack, who can keep the ball like him, opens up a whole kaleidoscope of options.....They double up on Jack they leave Emi and Bert free.

all great players need space, and only when you are surrounded by them does space open up.....They will all benefit from each other.

Jack needs top players around him.......looks like he's getting them.

Whoppppppeeeeee.

• Like 2

Yes! 😀 For a lot of last summer Emi Buendía was the player I most wanted us to sign (till the Watkins link came along. I admit I knew little about Martinez and Cash) so I felt really disappointed when we didn't end up getting him. So... it's second time lucky. I'm delighted with this signing! : >

• Like 1

Ah this **** rules. Big fan of the club's recent signings just being like "ah here lads we've signed a good player", no fuss, no underwhelming chicken sandwich at the chairman's house

Count me among the people slightly baffled to discover Norwich fans apparently hate us and consider us a sideways move ¯\(°_o)/¯

• Like 1

Â