Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think our lineup will be something like:

Emi

Cash    Konsa    Mings   Targett

McGinn              Luiz

Traore            Buendia        Grealish

Watkins

Although I imagine we’ll also add a one or maybe two of other faces.

Perfect, then we can tighten things up by bringing Sanson in for Traore with Buendia wide, or Nakamba in for 3 proper midfielders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

is that meant to be a doubt?

Barkley, still has it in him to be a fine player.....Emi is different, he is far more consistent in what he does than Ross.

I think the excitement generated from the link play with Jack and to be fair, it was worthy of excitement, to start with....but his injury threw him, and us, in to a tailspin.

I don't see the same thing happening here.....but as they say, never,say never.

I think you can safely, relax and let your hair down on this one.

No doubt. 

Emi would be my 1 priority signing. 

Unlike Barkley, this guy works his socks off every game. Just that alone gives him a better foundation to work with. 

The fact that he have immense dribbling and passing skills to go along with his hard working ethics will at worst make him fairly decent whatever happens. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Only worry is central midfield will be too easily bypassed with that team.

It's basically the setup we beat loads of teams with last season but Buendia instead of Barkley

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

hes a no.10 (CAM) or a right inside winger type.

im guessing, but if we dont sign another winger, he is likely coming to us to fill the no.10 role (Grealish - Buendia - Traore).

Right inside winger type , what the f**k is that ? Wingers play out wide or they used to. What next inside wing backs ?

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t know if this is a good singing or not, I literally know nothing about him, other than the fact he was in the championship last season...

Which for me doesn’t scream exciting.. but I shall wait and see. 

Norwich fans think he's the best player they've ever had by a long distance.  Bearing in mind James Maddisdon was their player of the season only 3 years ago, we seem to be signing a player seen as massively superior to James Maddison.  Is that not mildy exciting? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get the " He didn't  choose us over Arsenal, Arsenal never had a bid accepted etc."

However, if he really wanted to go to Arsenal, he could have " waited " it out, or refuse to come to us so early in the window and wait for other possibilities.

All signs still point to him " choosing us " anyway IMO.

Personally, JV......I couldn't give a flying flamingo what Arsenal have done, supposed to do or didn't do....they have their reasons for all that, and I don't care.

He is going to be our player and bully for us. He thinks he is joining a more forthright camp and I happen to think he has made a wise move.

Football is played on the pitch, not in the transfer Market and we got the double over them, is all I care.

Aston Villa will continue to be formidable opponents to Arsenal next season and strengthening our squad, will just confirm that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No doubt. 

Emi would be my 1 priority signing. 

Unlike Barkley, this guy works his socks off every game. Just that alone gives him a better foundation to work with. 

The fact that he have immense dribbling and passing skills to go along with his hard working ethics will at worst make him fairly decent whatever happens. 

good response...well said.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Norwich fans think he's the best player they've ever had by a long distance.  Bearing in mind James Maddisdon was their player of the season only 3 years ago, we seem to be signing a player seen as massively superior to James Maddison.  Is that not mildy exciting? 

Its all opinions of course.....and I guess, many Norwich fans will have different ones, just like us.

I have a really good gut feel on this one.

Honestly, for me personally, this is the biggest statement of intent transfer we have made since we signed Young & Carew in 2006/07.

I remember being super excited about Young & Carew in the sense that it was signings that showed we meant business, a statement of "we are coming for you".

If the Buendia transfer goes through, thats how it feels for me, i think its a really really exciting signing.

Fingers crossed it gets over the line.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's basically the setup we beat loads of teams with last season but Buendia instead of Barkley

And also the formation that lost to Burnley etc. So we need that player in certain games we can't progress otherwise.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

And also the formation that lost to Burnley etc. So we need that player in certain games we can't progress otherwise.

His name is Nakamba. 6 full games 5 wins 1 draw 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, smg said:

Right inside winger type , what the f**k is that ? Wingers play out wide or they used to. What next inside wing backs ?

😜

Tactical Theory: Inverted full-backs

Inverted full-backs are still quite a recent footballing innovation. Understanding them and their prominence fully emerged during Pep Guardiola’s spell at Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. During his first season, Guardiola realised the impressive technical proficiency of Philip Lahm and his capability of playing in a more central role. David Alaba, as we are seeing currently, is also not poor technically. During his time at Manchester City in the Premier League, players such as Fabian Delph, Kyle Walker and Oleksandr Zinchenko have been associated with this role. The inversion of these wide players aligns to a key principle of positional play, controlling the midfield and occupying central areas.

For this analysis in the annotated images, the offensive team will be playing in a 4-3-3. This is predominantly because it is the one Guardiola has used when applying this concept, and he is the main trailblazer of inverted full-backs.

This tactical analysis piece, focusing on tactical theory, will look at the advantages and disadvantages of inverted full-backs. Additionally, by using analysis, I will look at their impact in both the offensive and defensive phases and the tactics used within them.

Â