Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Haven't been overly enthusiastic about the Buendia links... but dammit y'all have managed to hype him up big time, and now I suddenly find myself thinking he's the perfect signing for us. 

I don't think he needs hyping up, you only have to see him play, and what he brings, to know.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This poll is your evidence.  

A massive, gut busting 86 people voted and where 27 said they don’t care.  

Talk about scrapping the barrel mate...your sample size is less than the amount of men in the toilet block I take a pee in a half time in the Holte End.  We have polls in there as well about the game so far that are just as meaningless and insufficient sample size.

You have to stop embarrassing yourself.  

Enjoy the signing of Buendia!

45EF8708-EF7F-4B9F-A9AE-27D3E12E0DE7.jpeg

You are ignoring the fact that the team does play better with grealish in the centre. Smith played him there the in 3 of the last 4 games.

Whilst it is a relatively small sample that is probably most of the regular posters on this website who voted. So people who have informed opinions 40-20 was the voting essentially 2/3 for grealish in the centre.

The number of goals and assists don't matter to me because whilst being outwide is better for his stats and I think part of it is just bum being streaky him. In the centre is overwhelmingly better for the team.

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

Could easily show a picture of the penalty not being given at the other end of the pitch int he same game and say had this decision gone villa's way that goal could have stood and the result would have been the same.

you could equally say, it was Fulhams fault for beating us by one goal, so Tom Cairney is responsible for our new Owners.

What a load of old tosh, some of these internet writers ,write.

Where does everyone think he’ll play? As a 10? If so, where does Sanson fit in? Or, will we sure up the central midfield area by playing him on the right and playing two ‘8’s. 

And before people say it, I know it will offer us the flexibility to do both, but what is our best team now? 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

You are ignoring the fact that the team does play better with grealish in the centre. Smith played him there the in 3 of the last 4 games.

Whilst it is a relatively small sample that is probably most of the regular posters on this website who voted. So people who have informed opinions 40-20 was the voting essentially 2/3 for grealish in the centre.

The number of goals and assists don't matter to me because whilst being outwide is better for his stats and I think part of it is just bum being streaky him. In the centre is overwhelmingly better for the team.

You do like stats, you don’t like stats, not enough sample size, enough sample size, and now onto opinion.  You are comedy gold tonight.  I thought the Norwich and Arsenal fans were making me laugh but you’re the cherry on the icing on the cake tonight.  Please tell me more...

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Could easily show a picture of the penalty not being given at the other end of the pitch int he same game and say had this decision gone villa's way that goal could have stood and the result would have been the same.

TBF - it was the only time in hawkeye's history that it failed - and then also VAR did not get involved. I realised at the time that it was a helping hand from the heavens, maybe Deano's old man, and it's unlike any other bit of luck by some way in that it's high tech which failed. So yes, it's why we are where we are, but no it's not the only reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair we were both in the championship only 2 seasons ago. So you can understand their disappointment. 

Yes but we were there as tourists. Pretty much any football person you talk to would say we should never have been there in the first place. Whereas for them it is their natural home. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Haven't been overly enthusiastic about the Buendia links... but dammit y'all have managed to hype him up big time, and now I suddenly find myself thinking he's the perfect signing for us. 

I wanted us to sign him last season

I think our lineup will be something like:

Emi

Cash    Konsa    Mings   Targett

McGinn              Luiz

Traore            Buendia        Grealish

Watkins

Although I imagine we’ll also add a one or maybe two of other faces.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think our lineup will be something like:

Emi

Cash    Konsa    Mings   Targett

McGinn              Luiz

Traore            Buendia        Grealish

Watkins

Although I imagine we’ll also add a one or maybe two of other faces.

This would work. The only reason we looked so weak in the middle without Jack is because McGinn would try to get forward leaving massive gaps.  Earlier in the season when both luiz and Mcginn both sat deep it worked well. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where does everyone think he’ll play? As a 10? If so, where does Sanson fit in? Or, will we sure up the central midfield area by playing him on the right and playing two ‘8’s. 

And before people say it, I know it will offer us the flexibility to do both, but what is our best team now? 

Sanson isn't a 10 he's in mix for 2 spots behind front 4 with Luiz McGinn and Nakamba

I want Grealish Buendia Traore behind Watkins

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know we're not selling Grealish because there is ZERO chance Buendia picks us over Arsenal if we're selling him.

Martinez definitely definitely helped do some talking up of Villa, and I could not be happier to see the salty bitterness coming from one of the so called Super League teams. Brilliant.  Brilliant. Brilliant.  

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Are you kidding? Have you been in their forum?

You are way off if you think Norwich fans are being dignified about this. 

I haven't been on their forum.....I don't go on anyones forum other than my own....I am genuinely not interested.....but a few nice touches on here.

but its kinda nice to try and get the best out of folk....even if I am wrong in my judgment.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

You know we're not selling Grealish because there is ZERO chance Buendia picks us over Arsenal if we're selling him.

Martinez definitely definitely helped do some talking up of Villa, and I could not be happier to see the salty bitterness coming from one of the so called Super League teams. Brilliant.  Brilliant. Brilliant.  

He hasn’t picked us over Arsenal. They didn’t have a bid accepted. But I agree Jack ain’t going anywhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You do like stats, you don’t like stats, not enough sample size, enough sample size, and now onto opinion.  You are comedy gold tonight.  I thought the Norwich and Arsenal fans were making me laugh but you’re the cherry on the icing on the cake tonight.  Please tell me more...

I literally clarified in my comment, in regards to individual goals and assists. 

• Haha 1

Â