Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just feel that there’s a real chance that we will both Emi and Ty  back and on the pitch before the season is over… maybe a small cameo or on the bench at least.

Maybe their presence in the squad will help see us over the line, give us that last big lift and boost.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Final game of the season, we just need a draw to guarantee 4th place, 80th minute Unai brings Beundia and Mings on, its all set for a fairy-tale ending, everyone is waiting with baited breath, they are on fire, 88th minute Beundia finds himself in a 1 on 1 with the keeper, he takes it round him, its an open goal, somehow Buendia manages to hit the post from 5 years, the keeper scoops up the ball and hurls it down the pitch, Palace are on the counter attack they work the ball into the box, its the 90th minute and Mings has a split second moment of madness and wipes out their centre forward and its a penalty......absolutely no one will ever talk about this again because Emi Martinez is in goal and he saves the penalty, Villa get the point, finish 4th and the following season we win the league and each one of the players gets a statue.

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Final game of the season, we just need a draw to guarantee 4th place, 80th minute Unai brings Beundia and Mings on, its all set for a fairy-tale ending, everyone is waiting with baited breath, they are on fire, 88th minute Beundia finds himself in a 1 on 1 with the keeper, he takes it round him, its an open goal, somehow Buendia manages to hit the post from 5 years, the keeper scoops up the ball and hurls it down the pitch, Palace are on the counter attack they work the ball into the box, its the 90th minute and Mings has a split second moment of madness and wipes out their centre forward and its a penalty......absolutely no one will ever talk about this again because Emi Martinez is in goal and he saves the penalty, Villa get the point, finish 4th and the following season we win the league and each one of the players gets a statue.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we secure top 4 and they’re both registered I’d love to see both for a few seconds regardless of scoreline against Liverpool. 

Especially Buendia. At least Mings played one game this season.

Surprised he hasn't been reported to play a PL2 game yet. This time last year I think Carlos was making the bench, and Timber seems close for Arsenal and they got injured later in the season he did. Same goes for Mings tbh. Doesn't look like we'll see them this season unfortunately :( 

I feel this late in the season there isn’t any real point in them playing games. They might as well continue their rehabilitation without needing to worry about returning to the pitch. Gives them a few extra months and a proper pre season.

It would be awesome to see them in the squad if there is room for them just to sit on the bench if we go into the last couple of games with 4th sorted though, otherwise no point risking leaving out someone who may play a part if we need the points.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jacksonho said:

I feel this late in the season there isn’t any real point in them playing games. They might as well continue their rehabilitation without needing to worry about returning to the pitch. Gives them a few extra months and a proper pre season.

It would be awesome to see them in the squad if there is room for them just to sit on the bench if we go into the last couple of games with 4th sorted though, otherwise no point risking leaving out someone who may play a part if we need the points.

Yeah I think they are taking part in training and meetings etc.. so they are learning this seasons style of play and out there on the training pitch. There is no point in using them this season it's better to wait for pre-season games and then bring them in off bench slowly next season. IT's said that ti takes 18 months to fully recover from ACL when you include match fitness. 

48 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It must be so frustrating to miss an entire season for a professional footballer. That could be about a fifteeth of your entire career gone.

And 20 or 25% of your peak years.

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Looked amazing pre season.  Core part of our team that went on that amazing run last season.

Madness to say he won't fit in if he gets back to to his pre-injury fitness levels.

Not sure what game people watch that claim he's not good.

Work rate, goals, pressing, experience, creativity, and something a bit different. I agree. Of course we missed him, majorly and wouldn'tbe selling. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is it cruel to say sell him this summer - too soon.🤷🏻… Just don’t rate him and cannot see where he fits tbh … 

After a year out his value would be at an all time low. We will have to keep him for next season, nobody will buy him after being so badly injured.

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is it cruel to say sell him this summer - too soon.🤷🏻… Just don’t rate him and cannot see where he fits tbh … 

i can see where he fits, rogers eats up some of his playing time but i see diaby playing 50 games and being ineffective in a large number of them as he's moved about and think we've really missed him this year

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

I actually feel the same. Think he is too light weight, looses the ball too easily. I just don’t think he is good enough for us any more…but then again, what do I know, I rate Zaniolo

Edited by Taxahunter

Â