Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Injured yeah! Which is why he is out for so long now. Was playing with pain for a while.

Ds is quoted as saying hes not been injured for several weeks.  Hes telling the coaches hes in pain but the physios cant find anything wrong with him.

There are no reports before the 1st game he missed that i can see suggestingvhe was carrying an injury

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

The level of our players is much better than this. Have to presume it is the coaching staff failing to get them to click. 

Djemba Djemba and kevin gage would produce comparable set pieces

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I’d also add that Smith is a very lucky boy that there are no fans in Villa Park. He and team would and should get dogs abuse for that and recent form.

hmmm. Disagree with this 100% and don't think there would be any chance of that happening.

Compare where we were when Smith first came to the club to where we are now, we're in an excellent place. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I keep saying we'd have better luck with some of our players being tossed and having some U23s like barry and Ramsey.

Exactly, as they can’t do anyworse than the likes of Trezeguet etc...

Grealish aside, as that isnt an excuse for our consistent disgusting form, we have players (on paper) who should be better than this.

Half the team should be dropped on this form, its really really shocking stuff.

we havent scored more than one goal in a game, for 11 games!

we have scored 1 goal (by a villa player), in our last 4 and a half games.

zero shots on target in the first half!

I dont know what these players and the coaches are up to, but its simply not acceptable.

• Like 1

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Anybody else have a feeling that their is something seriously amiss within the squad

Im sure it will come out at some stage but something is rotten in the land of b6

Nah.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Anybody else have a feeling that their is something seriously amiss within the squad

Im sure it will come out at some stage but something is rotten in the land of b6

Nope. Just playing shit without our best player. Nothing untoward. The only concern out of all this is how much of a one man band we appear to be. 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

El G and Traore are basically stealing a living , Keinan might at least give Fulham something to think about and give Ollie some support 

but smith will probably opt for Trez for El G around 60 mins 

He will and F hall will change.  Then he will bring on Barkley for a n other midfielder and nothing will change. 

Then he'll bring on Keinan for 10 minutes and suddenly our long punts will start sticking and we'll start turning defenders but it will all be too late. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we are playing the same level of slow ponderous, aimless football we were playing last season

There's never any urgency in our play, without fans it's just a training match. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Nope just really poor form. Won't last forever.

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

This is why I'm pretty happy there aren't fans right now. What kind of attitude is this mate?

Are you saying that this and recent performances would be acceptable to Villa fans inside the stadium?

Just now, TRO said:

I would sooner watch coronation st.

I've been thinking "this is boring as ****" from about the first 10 minutes, and this has made me wonder wtf I'm doing.

I'm off to enjoy the sun with a beer, **** watching another 40 minutes of this shite.