Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Just now, villalad21 said:

Calling it now.

This team would not stay up without Grealish. Not a chance.

I know people don't think we are a one man team but come on without jack we are on relegation form! We have a pretty solid defence, but would struggle to score in a brothel! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

After watching the under 23s against wolves to watching this dross, it’s shocking how some of them haven’t even made the bench, as this current lot on the bench won’t change any game 

I keep saying we'd have better luck with some of our players being tossed and having some U23s like barry and Ramsey.

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know it's not a popular opinion and I'm probably going to be panned, but for me everytime Keinan comes on we look better.  OK he might not score but we 100% look better. 

I can't believe he's not been given a start to see how we go. 

What I am 100% sure of though is that playing the usual suspects, perm 2 from 3 of our ineffective wingers, swap around the midfielders, we're going to create didly squat. 

El G and Traore are basically stealing a living , Keinan might at least give Fulham something to think about and give Ollie some support 

but smith will probably opt for Trez for El G around 60 mins 

• Like 1

It looked a penalty to me but we can't rely on decisions going our way, we aren't in that position yet.  Teams have worked out a way to defend against us and we don't really seem to have anything in the squad to change things up.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It was very tight. If the ref thought the defender got there first then no pen. 

But it doesn’t matter mate, he took the man after the ball, thems the rules

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Calling it now.

This team would not stay up without Grealish. Not a chance.

I mean you are right, but there's nothing to call this year, is there?

If you mean next year, that's a different point, which you haven't made clear.

Just now, calcifer said:

I know people don't think we are a one man team but come on without jack we are on relegation form! We have a pretty solid defence, but would struggle to score in a brothel! 

Well yeah your right, you have to put the ball in the net as well as keep balls out and at the moment we're doing one but not the other and it wouldn't be enough the form were on to keep us up.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think otherwise we've been okay - not good, but not bad either.

One team will get a bounce of the ball and take it - hopefully that's us.

okay?, zero shots on target?

3 minutes ago, bose said:

I think we’ll win this 3 or 4 nil.

Just need a bit of luck, better build up play, more confidence, creativity, more aggression, a finishing touch and capable players.

Is this when Jack takes off his El Ghazi bodysuit mid run, superman style and goes on to score a perfect hat trick?

• Haha 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

It looked a penalty to me but we can't rely on decisions going our way, we aren't in that position yet.  Teams have worked out a way to defend against us and we don't really seem to have anything in the squad to change things up.

I don't think need to defend against us.

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not to sound too dramatic but without Grealish we are a championship team

I am not arguing with your point.....but sick of listening to Jack, being the excuse for just about everything....this should not be a one front 6

• Like 1

No shots on target again. Looking forward for barkley for Sanson on the 65th minute, Trez for Ghazi on the 73rd and Davis for Luiz on the 83rd minute.

Ending the match with 3 shits of target, to softies from range and a tame header straight into the keeper's hands. 

We've seen this too often. 

Jack not playing can't be an excuse for this dross. 

• Like 2