Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Regardless if you think that was a penalty or not(I personally don't think it was) the rest of the half we created absolutely nothing.

Quite discouraging how inept our attack has become.

I’d also add that Smith is a very lucky boy that there are no fans in Villa Park. He and team would and should get dogs abuse for that and recent form.

I’m really struggling to understand why we have become so bad? We looked brilliant before the new year! Is it really the effects of covid? Incredible how bad we have become. Last good performance that I can remember was when we played Palace at home. 

• Like 1

Too many players thinking that they are worthy of being in the top half of the table.  Someone needs to be ripping them another a$$hole at half-time.  If we play like this next season we're back playing in the Championship.  Smith needs to be getting more out of the players and the system or he needs to change something.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its almost as if smith told the team "right we hit 40 points" now just go out and do **** all on the pitch because we are going to spend 200m in the summer

Thats how they look, so i wonder what he did say.  He isnt exactly known for his inspiring team talks so i fully expect the same sh1t 2nd half and 2-0 Fulham.

Just now, Big Salad said:

Regardless if you think that was a penalty or not(I personally don't think it was) the rest of the half we created absolutely nothing.

Quite discouraging how inept our attack has become.

All teams do is mark our wide players out of the game, knowing we have no Plan B and nothing in through the middle without Grealish. A pub team could defend against us.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

I’d also add that Smith is a very lucky boy that there are no fans in Villa Park. He and team would and should get dogs abuse for that and recent form.

This is why I'm pretty happy there aren't fans right now. What kind of attitude is this mate?

• Like 1

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Its almost as if smith told the team "right we hit 40 points" now just go out and do **** all on the pitch because we are going to spend 200m in the summer

If that was the case then I'm all for that approach, especially if we rid ourselves of Ghazi, Trez, Davis at same time. 🤣but they should play all they have got in them and try at least get some goals.

So we play it around at the back, then work it out wide who get up to the opposition box then we play it back to our center half's who then lump it up to someone. Then Fulham attack, loose the ball and go back to the cbs again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

Just now, striker said:

No he wouldn't, because the majority of fans feel Dean is untouchable. Villa Park would be very quiet throughout a game like this. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having seen it a few times, I think the Watkins one is fifty-fifty, but every time I see the McGinn one it looks more and more a pen.

If that was 2 tackles that mings and konsa had made, that would have been a Penalty dead cert. No question. No var. Just a pen. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they got 2 pens, one for each tackle. Then the following week the fa say that was a correct interpretation of the rules at the time, but it won't be allowed again.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think the point is that he really is our only attacking outlet. We are nothing without him and that’s really clear now. Thus we need to basically overhaul everything forward of the defensive line. 

Then that is shocking.....and needs to be seriously addressed.

Just now, mykeyb said:

So we play it around at the back, then work it out wide who get up to the opposition box then we play it back to our center half's who then lump it up to someone. Then Fulham attack, loose the ball and go back to the cbs again.

Rinse and repeat.

It's been this way since Christmas.