Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not for me, the question is after the touch where does the ball end up, the answer is in villa possession if he doesn't put Ollie on his ass 

Yep,   like Kanes penalty against us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's not a pen guys. VAR got it right, as annoying as it is.

You’re only supposed to over rule clear and obvious errors, that wasn’t clear or obvious 

• Like 1

After watching the under 23s against wolves to watching this dross, it’s shocking how some of them haven’t even made the bench, as this current lot on the bench won’t change any game 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but hasn't he blown for a penalty there just as the ball is rolling to El Ghazi? Who might perhaps have scored?

If so, we've actually lost out there.

fair point, 

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

You disagree that Chelsea have been better since Frank?  He won his first 10 games ffs, you're clearly having a laugh.

I disagree that Chelseas players didn't throw frank under the bus and then rediscover that they were international quality footballers when tuchel rocked up 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Shite game again, we've not tried anything new since grealish has been out and we've had the same results every single time, there's nothing left to play for why doesn't Smith just try something new? It's bloody depressing watch us play like this every single week now 

This.

It's fine with some though. 

We can't/shouldn't imagine anything else.

Watkins gets there first, the contact by Lemina on the ball is completely incidental; Watkins kicks it onto his foot, whilst being absolutely clattered.

Another joke of a decision by the clowns at Stockley Park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

So is the rule now you can take out a player however you like, as long as you touch the ball in some way? 

No. But it is a rule that if you get the player before the ball, it's definitely a foul.

If you get the ball then the player, it's a more nuanced question of whether the force of the tackle is excessive. I think it was a great tackle personally.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

We can't create anythinv without jack on the pitch

Thats because our players only move when they have the ball.  When another player on their own team has it they like to stand behind an opponent so they cant be passed to.  Its pretty embarrassing really.