Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Dogturd first half Villa. Where has the high tempo gone? The high pressing? The movement? You don't need Jack on the pitch for those basics that worked earlier in the season!?!?!

Do we actually practice our set peices? Our free kicks are woeful! Mcginn was more of a penalty but was not even reviewed. Apart from that a steaming pile of winnie in that 1st half! 

• Like 1

No shots on target again. What have they been doing during the international break? Certainly not coming up with tactics to create goal scoring opportunities that’s for sure. Fulham are pants and we don’t look like we could score in a million years. Not sure what the final score will be but I can bet that it will be 0-?! Just painful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I disagree that Chelseas players didn't throw frank under the bus and then rediscover that they were international quality footballers when tuchel rocked up 

But isn't that exactly what I'm saying?  Frank couldn't get the best out of the player, Tuchel could.  Simples

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

No. But it is a rule that if you get the player before the ball, it's definitely a foul.

If you get the ball then the player, it's a more nuanced question of whether the force of the tackle is excessive. I think it was a great tackle personally.

Agreed we've been hard done by at times this season but this time it was a fair decision.

I don't understand why we are so utterly unable to create chances. If it's not on a break or out of someone dropping a clanger, we can't seem to make chances. We pump crosses into the box with absolutely nothing coming of them, there's never anyone near them, the defence or goalkeeper just deals with it without breaking a sweat. And then we do it again. And again. And again.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Having seen it a few times, I think the Watkins one is fifty-fifty, but every time I see the McGinn one it looks more and more a pen.

Mcginn stonewall pen, Watkins is too for me, as the defender had to go through Eatkins to get the touch.  Contact is made with Watkins before contact is made with the ball.  Thats called tackling through your man and is a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Having seen it a few times, I think the Watkins one is fifty-fifty, but every time I see the McGinn one it looks more and more a pen.

Our players need to become absolute pricks on the pitch nasty bastards who will question each decision collectively. McGinn was a definite penalty. Even shit breath souness thought it was one.