Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not just a few, we need at least 10 if we have any hope of being mid table again next season

Not sure about 10.  The back five are OK.  Couple of back-ups (or promotion of the young right back in the U23s) needed.  Need to replace McGinn (think Luiz will look better when he has a better player along side him but he's definitely gone backwards over the last 3 months).  New striker so that Watkins / Jack are playing as 10 and 11.  New right winger and an upcoming young attacking midfielder to grow into a Jack type role.

• Like 1

We're a bit like Burnley at the minute. Our only method of creating chances seems to be by getting the ball out wide and putting in crosses. Though, we haven't got a Chris Wood to capitalise on them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Anybody else have a feeling that their is something seriously amiss within the squad

Im sure it will come out at some stage but something is rotten in the land of b6

It's the fact that they have all spent several seasons playing the same tactic which is essentially "Give Jack the ball". Most of these lads don't know any other way to play, and the ones that try (Watkins, Barkley) aren't good enough to do it alone.

I think the players are now realising how limited their teammates are without Jack there, and it's affected morale.

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Nope just really poor form. Won't last forever.

Well it has lasted the best part of three months so I wouldn't be so confident of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Are you saying that this and recent performances would be acceptable to Villa fans inside the stadium?

Probably not which is why I'm happy they're not there to vocally express their unhappinness. I can't stand booing your own team. You just don't do it.