Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

11 minutes ago, smg said:

Ramsey being called out by experts on here when he is being selected by professional coaches who have years of experience at the highest level and see him perform in training day in day out and of course you’re not going to know what his role is because you have no idea what he has been told to do by the coaching staff all you can do is moan that he isn’t doing what you want him to do.

No, we're just pointing out that he's nothing tonight against a team that you would expect to do something decent at least once!

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The shit thing for me is that the PL don't organise the reserve games for the day after the PL game

It makes sense for him to play 90 mins for the reserves, he's still developing and needs football

If we played tonight and had him on the bench and then the reserves played Sunday he could be in both squads, 10 mins tonight 90 Sunday is no huge thing, 90 yesterday or this afternoon then 10 tonight is a non starter 

That would make sense, a bit of game time in first team for Barry and playing the 90 be normally plays wouldn't be a bad thing for the lad, in fact it would really help him out.

The lad has certainly proved he can put it in the net against big clubs, even when his team mates were not first teamers but in fact his Own youth team mates.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha no, no, no. 

You said he struggles to pick the right team so much. Me thinking Barkley should play the next game doesn't change that the original point was nonsense. 

Well he does,  Never gets the midfield balance correct and why we win one and then lose one. Troublesome you dont see it tbh. Must be nonsense my point of view though even though you happily  copy/reiterate my ideas.

• Haha 1

Just now, Villa 59 said:

No, we're just pointing out that he's nothing tonight against a team that you would expect to do something decent at least once!

Your problem was the expectation... 

We as a midfield 3 have been poor again, if mcginn and Luiz were on it and Ramsey was causing everything to break down then I'd be worried but as it is none of them are doing anything