Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

To be honest our reputation as fans is deserved. We're without our best player away at a ground we barely ever win at who are scrapping for their lives. 0 - 0 is fair (so far).

they are missing their 3 best players (Almiron, Maxim & Wilson), if we cant win this game questions should rightly be asked.

it wouldnt surprise me thought because our form has been falling off a cliff for the last 12-13 games.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Much better imho.

Okay saying much better but if we can't score out of much better then what's the point lol.

Much better has to yield results.

2 minutes ago, richp999 said:

How many times do we hear this? 

There's always a good reason why we shouldnt be beating these bottom half teams.. 

We should have beaten Sheffield utd, we should have beaten the likes of Burnley and we should be beating these. 

Honestly this *should* business is laughable.

That Elmo cross wasn't bad at all, dangerous area and with good pace on it. Watkins willingly hiding between the two CBs and being the only Villa player in the box isn't helpful though. 

Just now, Dave-R said:

I keep calling for it but why are we having Davis on the bench as a sub to Watkins when we could have Louie Barry?? For me the answer is blatantly in everyone's face at least he can score.

Davis great guy but we need a scorer so put Barry on the bench.

The shit thing for me is that the PL don't organise the reserve games for the day after the PL game

It makes sense for him to play 90 mins for the reserves, he's still developing and needs football

If we played tonight and had him on the bench and then the reserves played Sunday he could be in both squads, 10 mins tonight 90 Sunday is no huge thing, 90 yesterday or this afternoon then 10 tonight is a non starter 

Just now, KAZZAM said:

So your saying Dean got the midfield 3 right ?  and yet your calling for Barkley over Ramsey at HT contradicting yourself. (something i posted before you  mind).

Your clearly waffling.

Haha no, no, no. 

You said he struggles to pick the right team so much. Me thinking Barkley should play the next game doesn't change that the original point was nonsense. 

Davis has all the attributes required to be a great player - you see fleeting glimpses of it... He Just cannot score. I do see why they persist with him ( we have no other choice for one) but it won’t be for much longer. He won’t be here next season . 

Edited by thabucks