Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

54 minutes ago, Creeper said:

So is this the smoke screen for Pape Sarr or is he the smoke screen for Doucouré.  Screams, this is the right price for a young DM in mid-table Ligue 1 ???

Edited by Villaphil
Can’t spell !
  • Haha 1

A good article on Doucoure here.

Basically makes him out to be a version of Nakamba that works his absolute bollocks off in defence but crucially can progress the ball forwards.

Then it calls him a Box to Box midfielder, which is weird as that certainly isn't what they've described in the article. But other than that it's a good piece.

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-cheick-doucoure/

2 hours ago, Awol said:

After yesterday Young’s leap-frogged AEG as a wide left option or Traore as the wide right, imo. Put a great shift in and looked better than both.

Until Bailey is settled and up to speed Ash might get the shirt, but obvs depends how Deano plans to set up - not clear to me yet. 

Thoughts on Axel playing as a proper DM? If there’s a clause in the loan that he plays a certain number of games then that might solve a problem, unless Konsa gets injured or suspended. 

Played half hour against a newly promoted team a week behind in their preparation, not sure Ash will start against Watford despite the goal

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

Played half hour against a newly promoted team a week behind in their preparation, not sure Ash will start against Watford despite the goal

JPB is ahead of both after pre-season imo. 

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

nah no chance young starts saturday

i think it's buendia/el ghazi - ings - watkins - traore

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Young over AEG for me too. 

El Ghazi pops up with the odd goal but contributes less than zero to the build up play in most games. 

Like 10, in the Premier League, we were going to spend £35m on one who had scored less than that. 

Assists are great, goals win games so can see us loading the front three with goal scorers and for me that’s AEG. 

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nah no chance young starts saturday

i think it's buendia/el ghazi - ings - watkins - traore

Not convinced Traore will start, not much prep and looked well off the pace yesterday.

• Like 1

I think Young will start against the Hornets. Dean Smith knows the value of having an experienced head in the starting line up and I think for the first game of the season, which most of us expect to win, he will want someone out there calming things down and with a bit of know how. Plus we will want to capitalise on any set pieces. In addition, his performance yesterday justifies the start imo, hourihane should have buried his cross and he is very fit so would have no problem keeping up with things. I think we will see JPB at some point.

The Doucoure link is interesting aswell, 15 million euros is nothing really and his stats certainly seemed to look good. The small clip someone linked from twitter also shows a dynamic player. Either get him, anguissa or sarr and i'll be happy lol

Edited by Villatillidie95

21 minutes ago, macandally said:

Like 10, in the Premier League, we were going to spend £35m on one who had scored less than that. 

Assists are great, goals win games so can see us loading the front three with goal scorers and for me that’s AEG. 

It's all opinions. Obviously its only 6 goals which werent penalties. Still a decent return. Interestingly only 3 of those goals came in games when Jack wasn't playing despite him missing 1/3 of the season. 

My feeling is we are losing a lot of chances created/ball retention with Jack out the side and especially if we are to go 4-4-2 a lot of that needs to come from the wide players. These two points are basically the weakest part of AEGs game. 

Edited by villaglint

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Young is far better than El Ghazi and Traore

He really is. And dare I say, JPB may even be ahead of El Ghazi now?

If Watkins doesn't start against Watford on the left then Young will I suspect. 

• Like 2

While I like the look of Sarr he doesnt seem to be doing anything better than Chuk can do. His biggest strength seems to be on the turn, running forward and his passing.

People in this thread seem to want a tackling defensive mid, Sarr doesnt seem that. Not that I dont want him aswell.