Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i think the media have jumped to the same conclusion as many of us did after purslow's announcement that we're done with spending and have moved on to other clubs

I think the whole starting 11 is very much up in the air - who knows what our best 11 will be around Dec /Jan ? - until we know that are think the club are holding back. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Terrible output including his best season in France. A classic player that passes the eye test and rubbish end product. Also looks worse since was out for quite a while with Covid

Every time you say this, which is every time someone says it, I get more convinced you've only seen him play at best in the games against us. He's a great player and he would be great for us. I have some Newcastle friends and I've seen more than my fair share of their games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think the media have jumped to the same conclusion as many of us did after purslow's announcement that we're done with spending and have moved on to other clubs

throw in the ings deal on the quiet too which showed that the majority of them haven't got a clue whats going on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

throw in the ings deal on the quiet too which showed that the majority of them haven't got a clue whats going on

I think Bailey and Ings were bought with the Grealish money but I believe we brought Buendia in thinking there was still a chance of holding on to Grealish. 

According to Transfermarkt we've made a profit this window of £16mil and I assume we were prepared to make a loss of around £30mil in June. I think there is one more to come in for around the £40mil mark but I assume we're ironing out the deal with the club and it's taking a while. 

This is all complete guess work I just have a feeling our transfer window is "done" from the standpoint of no more scouting or new bids for players, just one more to get over the line. Maybe along the lines of the Ings transfer, it'll come out the blue before the end of the week 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Every time you say this, which is every time someone says it, I get more convinced you've only seen him play at best in the games against us. He's a great player and he would be great for us. I have some Newcastle friends and I've seen more than my fair share of their games. 

Nope, I'm with Kiwi on this one.

• Thanks 1

So my boss who is a fulham season ticket holder is convinced that Anguissa is coming to us after he was left out of their squad on the weekend and apparently that's what all their ITK people are saying (although a late bid from Arsenal is being rumoured). 

I thought this might have been a decent signing for DM, but my boss tells me that he isn't suited to that role and he is far more attacking. Did everyone else realise that or was it just me that thought he was a DM?

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I think he’s a fantastic player but his attitude is meant to be questionable.  

Just now, skarroki said:

I think Bailey and Ings were bought with the Grealish money but I believe we brought Buendia in thinking there was still a chance of holding on to Grealish. 

According to Transfermarkt we've made a profit this window of £16mil and I assume we were prepared to make a loss of around £30mil in June. I think there is one more to come in for around the £40mil mark but I assume we're ironing out the deal with the club and it's taking a while. 

This is all complete guess work I just have a feeling our transfer window is "done" from the standpoint of no more scouting or new bids for players, just one more to get over the line. Maybe along the lines of the Ings transfer, it'll come out the blue before the end of the week 

Nah, we were after Bailey before the Grealish deal.  From the Friday rumour we only got the bid on the Wednesday before and we had been in touch with Bailey long before then.  I think Bailey was following missing out on ESR, so to me Bailey would be here even if Snake boy hadnt had left.  I think we can only really argue Ings was with that money if anybody

1 minute ago, bcarpet said:

So my boss who is a fulham season ticket holder is convinced that Anguissa is coming to us after he was left out of their squad on the weekend and apparently that's what all their ITK people are saying (although a late bid from Arsenal is being rumoured). 

I thought this might have been a decent signing for DM, but my boss tells me that he isn't suited to that role and he is far more attacking. Did everyone else realise that or was it just me that thought he was a DM?

I think he’s more midfielder that plays deep rather than your typical DM. 

I’m thinking Villa are done in this window too.  not financially, just holding back waiting and watching on how the market plays out.  Unless a peach turns up, we’re not signing anyone. 

there is no rush to spend. We still got to stick to the plan and pick the right players 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

I think a lot of people who probably haven't seen him play much have made the assumption because he's big and powerful. It happens with quite a few opposition players.

He's a very powerful ball carrier and has good control. Could definitely play deep and help us progress the ball up the pitch. I don't think he'd be a problem as part of a two - from what I've seen the guy can tackle, it would be more of an issue because he likes to go marauding around.

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

They need a striker. We need a DM. He's a very good player. Suits everyone, I would think.

Can we, perhaps, interest them in a Wesley or a Davis for a season? Maybe even a young Young? 

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

No way are we done.

8 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

never heard of him so did some scouting.

passing stats similar to marv and dougie but does seem to create more. shot creating actions per 90 last season is 1.98 vs dougies 1.49

likes to run with the ball too though, 119 dribbles attempted (73% success rate) vs dougie's 33 attempts

tackle sucess rate similar to marv (miles better than dougie). 55 interceptions vs luiz's 33

i know nothing about him but stat wise, seems like a player