Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Be good for Kamada to have a friend here… 

We did try for Kubo on loan last summer. 

I love the optimism of signing Kamada. We should be signing a Japanese player to be a friend for a Japanese player that doesn’t play for us :)

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He dirty like aunty Helen 😉

Someone got it at least 🤣

Uncle Roger is mint..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m starting to think our transfer activity may be done. We can’t really record big losses every year so might be a chance to balance the books a bit if we can’t land further targets. I think our squads ok to go in to the season with. 

No not done Tammy in if Watkins is out for abit and Ings and Tammy can fire it up, then when Watkins is back all 3 of them can fight it out 🤣

As much as I'd be dribbling at 3 Striker options of Tammy, Watkins and Ings I don't think it will happen. Although I think Tammy is sending abit of a hint that he's around when he tweeted to Axel-(he's back), I think Tammy would rejoin us.. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m starting to think our transfer activity may be done. We can’t really record big losses every year so might be a chance to balance the books a bit if we can’t land further targets. I think our squads ok to go in to the season with. 

I'd love to see what the 100 mill does for our FFP etc, has anyone done a proper breakdown yet.

I kind of agree with you though, it's about balancing the books Vs ambition vs Not throwing too much at the squad at once and possibly disrupting it.

The other view is that, if we want to seemleassly achieve whatever the aim was, without Jack this year, we need more.

We will also be trying not to get fleeced by clubs and wasting that profit we brought in.

Wouldn't be surprised if it explodes closer to windows end though.

We don't have a back up LB do we?

I don't think we're done, but I don't see us making stupid moves either.

If we could say, finish top 8, with the current squad, and a healthy bank balance this season + New endorsement deals, new kit deal, Adidas? We are sitting pretty.

Thing is, this window might present a unique opportunity to get players in, we potentially couldn't have before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd love to see what the 100 mill does for our FFP etc, has anyone done a proper breakdown yet.

I kind of agree with you though, it's about balancing the books Vs ambition vs Not throwing too much at the squad at once and possibly disrupting it.

The other view is that, if we want to seemleassly achieve whatever the aim was, without Jack this year, we need more.

We will also be trying not to get fleeced by clubs and wasting that profit we brought in.

If we could say, finish top 8, with the current squad, and a healthy bank balance this season + New endorsement deals, new kit deal, Adidas? We are sitting pretty.

Thing is, this window might present a unique opportunity to get players in, we potentially couldn't have before.

@Czarnikjak does a pretty awesome breakdown here:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely Young is the backup LB

• Like 3

I don't think we are done, but I don't expect to see loads more signings. I'd like another attacking mid, but I don't think we're targeting any other attackers, unless there's any unexpected departures. But we've had at least one bid confirmed as rejected for Ward-Prowse and we were in talks for Sarr, so clearly a midfielder is still on the agenda. I expect us to bring one more centre mid in, and possibly a back up keeper.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here's a breakdown if your a Bluemoon city fan who thinks we are over 500 mill in debt with FFP..

You take 500 mill we apparently owe and subtract 100 mill which leaves still 500 mill owed- sorry correct for a Bluemoon fan 400 mill owed 🤣

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

From top to bottom at the club I trust that each of the decision makers know what they are doing as they've more than earned it, and massively appreciated and understood Purslow's video breaking down the Grealish situation. However the only thing that slightly concerns me - more so intrigues me - about the business done this window is the seeming lack of continuity regarding the shape of the team with Grealish leaving. Up until then everything from the line-up at the tail end of last season, to pre-season to signings and rumoured signings suggested that the 4-2-3-1 was being stuck with, until Grealish left, Ings came in and now there's ostensibly going to be a concerted effort to mould a system that fields two strikers.

Even with it being part of "Plan B", does seem a bit odd for it to be one that entails such a sizable change in shape/system this close to the season. Needless to say you won't be hearing any complaints from me should it prove to be a success.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

From top to bottom at the club I trust that each of the decision makers know what they are doing as they've more than earned it, and massively appreciated and understood Purslow's video breaking down the Grealish situation. However the only thing that slightly concerns me - more so intrigues me - about the business done this window is the seeming lack of continuity regarding the shape of the team with Grealish leaving. Up until then everything from the line-up at the tail end of last season, to pre-season to signings and rumoured signings suggested that the 4-2-3-1 was being stuck with, until Grealish left, Ings came in and now there's ostensibly going to be a concerted effort to mould a system that fields two strikers.

Even with it being part of "Plan B", does seem a bit odd for it to be one that entails such a sizable change in shape/system this close to the season. Needless to say you won't be hearing any complaints from me should it prove to be a success.

I admit I wasn’t watching the game closely as had to play battleships with the little one but I thought we were playing a 4231 with Ings dropping deeper than Watkins.