Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Danny 29.....c25/30Mill

Lakaku 28 ...c97 mill

both have a similar goals ratio, depending how you want to calulate the metric...goals are very expensive and extremely influential as the Lakaku fee suggests.

I think Danny is the steal of the Summer.

Delighted with Ings, he brings goals, no risk for me. Not sure Ollie looks as happy as he usually does though, or maybe I am paranoid. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Danny 29.....c25/30Mill

Lakaku 28 ...c97 mill

both have a similar goals ratio, depending how you want to calulate the metric...goals are very expensive and extremely influential as the Lakaku fee suggests.

Many clubs, inc bigger than ours are miffed at the stealth of our businnes, what does that suggest?....I am delighted with this, piece of business.

I think Danny is the steal of the Summer.

the fact we went through such lengths to keep it quiet is further evidence of that. guarantee that bid would've been matched

• Like 1

Just now, beachboys1 said:

does anyone think this will all come crashing down and we will be in a relegation battle

I don't think we will be in any serious trouble this season but I definitely wouldn't rule out struggling more than last season. 

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

does anyone think this will all come crashing down and we will be in a relegation battle

No. But unless we find a completely new way to play as a team, a 'battle' for 12th seems likely.

Just now, thunderball said:

Delighted with Ings, he brings goals, no risk for me. Not sure Ollie looks as happy as he usually does though, or maybe I am paranoid. 

I think, Ollie will come around, the disruption of Jack going, has probably taken its toll , too.

To take on the task of securing qualification for European football, winning one of the cups, is too much for a lone striker, Ollie needs help, its no sleight on him at all and I am sure Dean will tell him that....a possible 50 odd games is too much...there will still be times they may play as the lone striker.

Danny Ings has a goals to games Ratio that eclipses Andy Gray and Peter Withe.....How on earth can we refuse that?....I still can't believe we have got him.

The dust has to settle, we have had a very exciting, but disruptive window, for many staff at B6....

From where, I am sitting, Ollie Watkins, has nothing at all to worry about and IMV the stadium will be quick to reassure him on that.

Those 2 up front, will transform us, they are Goals Inc.....I have no doubt they will play well together, and the intelligence of both players, will work out the best possible positions for them to prosper....its all about interaction and movement not rigid statue like positioning.

They will do fine for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

er No.

but due to the late signings the pre season, may have been affected.

It will take time for them to gel.

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

No, but I do see us struggling over the first month of the season or just do the fact that Buendia is injured, Bailey still isn't in England yet, and Traore isn't fit yet.  We're relying on El Lazy to be our main creator for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the fact we went through such lengths to keep it quiet is further evidence of that. guarantee that bid would've been matched

for damn sure....that was as you say the crucial bit....and for Danny Ings being aware of that ,says a lot for Danny Ings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

No, best squad we’ve had in years 

That’s a fact, but it may take some time to gel and figure out what works best.

Hopefully we won’t lose too many points in the interim, but the rebuild was forced on us so we just make the best of it and hopefully fans patience holds up.

We’re going to be better off once the dust settles and perhaps more of a team than we were before. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think we will be in any serious trouble this season but I definitely wouldn't rule out struggling more than last season. 

We've Sanson, Young, Buendia, Bailey, Ings and Tuanzebe for Barkley, Jack, Taylor, Elmo, Engles and Heaton. Plus we've CC and JPB in the mix.

We'll likely sign another midfielder too. We had no Jack for 1/3rd of last season too. I see us as a stronger team with more depth this season, that's before we factor in improvement from some players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

No but I think the first 2-3 months are going to be hard. Totally disrupted pre season, key players injured or unavailable. Trying to find our way in a post Grealish world with an entirely new playing style that I’m not convinced they’ve fully decided on yet. 

In theory we should be taking 6-9 pts from our first 3 fixtures before having to take on Chelsea and United in September. In reality I think we will struggle to find our rhythm. Could be late autumn before we click. Might be quite low down the table by then. However the quality will show through and we’ll finish mid table.

Dean Smith has got a lot to prove to people without Jack.

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

No. But unless we find a completely new way to play as a team, a 'battle' for 12th seems likely.

We have to find a new way of playing and it will be a more balanced way of playing.

I see qualities entering in to our play, we didn't see before, despite losing such a fabulous player.

I don't think we will be in the battle to avoid relegation at all.

It is all up in the air right now, how will the new signings do? Will the players maintain last years performance? Who else is coming in? We could finish 6th, we could finish 13th.

• Like 1