Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't want him starting but he was solid when he deputised last year.

I think it was perhaps due to the fixtures favouring him.

Think Burnley, Albion and Palace were his first few games.

We do need another centre half yes.

He started against Chelsea twice as well. And obviously spurs as well. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

All these links need to be reminded....We are not a rehabilitation centre and Dean and his coaches are not magicians.

up and coming talent is required.....We have experience with Ash , Tyrone and Emi M.

However, players who have lost their Mojo are a gamble ( like we saw with Ross) and should be valued accordingly...we might want to go for the odd one.

Sad The Office GIF

6 hours ago, ejvilla said:

We should be going for Ben White if he's available. Very good ball-playing CB who'd have a big impact going forward against weaker sides and challenge Konsa & Mings. We struggled against defensive sides to progress the ball last season unless we went ahead early.

Also, Arsenal are going for him, which would make it extra funny.

Not for 50 bloody million we shouldn’t!!!

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

if we go to 20 million Nikola Milenkovic.

Some poor bastards are going to get suckered into paying for the over-priced ticket to board the 2-season old, long-since derailed Milenkovic hype-train, I'd rather it not be us.  The only two players at Fiorentina worth upwards of that kind of cash are Dragowski and Vlahovic.

Good write up on Boubacar Kamara here 

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/boubacar-kamara/ I’d like this paragraph 

His statistical profile shows what Kamara is all about; a ball-winner in multiple forms – a presser, dueller and interceptor – but also as comfortable against the press as he is when pressing himself. The 21-year-old is typically Marseille’s deepest midfielder in-possession, comfortable in drawing opponents in through ball retention, then bypassing them through silky footwork or combinations with teammates. A trademark of his are diagonal balls from the left side of the pitch to the right flank.

Sanson should be on the phone extolling the virtues of joining the Villa revolution .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Loic Bade has gone to Rennes for £14m. Shame as I liked him a lot. Rennes, much like Atalanta, have a smart recruitment team.

What is it with the French currently and Centre backs, they have an endless supply of talent coming through … 

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Loic Bade has gone to Rennes for £14m. Shame as I liked him a lot. Rennes, much like Atalanta, have a smart recruitment team.

Yep, he'll be moving on again in two years for more than double that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

An out and out striker simply isn't on the agenda from my observations. Simply because of the cost in relation to need renders such a move impractical. A promising versatile winger / striker is a more practical allocation of funds. Hence the Alvarez link for me is a way more credible than the Tammy link.

I wouldn't go for Tammy either but Edouard - now that Leicester have picked up Daka - is available for a rumoured 15-20m.  That would be perfect for me.

We might even get Hourihane to move there in part exchange - I think he is a Celtic fan and would be well suited to the SPL.  If we could shift Wes on for the 12m-15m mooted then this would also be useful.

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Well he always looked vulnerable to me. Anytime a quick winger with a bit of strength was up against him he struggled. Sterling terrorised him and Engels in one game. Was running past them like they weren't there. We have Ashley as well as Kessler in addition to Guilbert so Cash has a fight on his hands.

First season in the PL/a new country and  playing alongside a CB who was (a) slow and (b) also in his first season in the PL - its harsh to write him off after that. 

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

A couple of questions please if you don't mind Your Highness...

Will ESR sign

And

Does Catherine like it up..... nah forget that.

I can't believe that you got to the ESR question first! Priorities!! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

personally I would find a buyer for El Ghazi, he has 2 years left on his contract so it’s time to replace or offer a contract.

I think someone would pay 15m for him. You could add a small amount of money on top of that and get a serious upgrade OR you could spend the same on someone like this Alvarez or that ‘best 10 in Brazil’ guy and roll the dice.

I would love this to happen!

10 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

First season in the PL/a new country and  playing alongside a CB who was (a) slow and (b) also in his first season in the PL - its harsh to write him off after that. 

Not writing him off, just pointing out that he wasn't really a better option than Elmo.

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He is far better. In the 85-95th percentile for all defensive stats except aerials in 19-20. I'm the 99th percentile for interceptions this season. As many assists and more goals than cash etc. 

Wait What Reaction GIF by Willie Jones

Are you? Get yourself signed! 🤣